Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newborn PIO Card : Mothers Name .. Maiden ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newborn PIO Card : Mothers Name .. Maiden ??

Folks,

I changed my name after marriage. My DD was born in USA and in her Birth Certificate application we wrote my maiden name (as was required). So now DD has my maiden name in her BC and Passport, which is correct.

Now we are applying for her PIO card. In the application it asks for Mothers name. What should I write ?

1) If I write my post marriage name, then it wont match with the maiden name that I had provided in DD's BC.
    2) If I write my maiden name in the PIO application, then it will match whats in my DD's BC, but it wouldn't match with my passport / I-797 which I need to give as proof for my DD's application.

I am sure some of you have gone through this. Actually whoever changed their name after marriage would have gone through this conundrum. Please help me out and give out your experience, suggestions & comments.

Thanks
    Infotalk

You should use your current legal name. I have 3 US born kids and what you describe happens to every one -- so the consulate folks should be well aware of it. I would not worry about it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X