Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India Tourist Visa + Renunciation

Friends,

Me, my wife and our kid have recently acquired US citizenship and we have a plan to travel to India in mid June for a 3 week trip to meet family.

Like many of you, I have spent a lot of time on the BLS website trying to figure out the requirements. I fall in the New York Jurisdiction area.

I am hoping to get help from you - folks who have gone through this process in the recent past.

I have a number of questions but asking for help on a few:

1. Is there a East Coast based travel agency which can help in getting the visa and the renunciation done for me. If you have gone through this route, please do provide your recommendations. I hope that someone can take care of the hassle for me even of I have to pay them.

2. In case I have to apply in person (which I am inclined towards), can I get guidance on the below:

(a) What is the exact fees that I have to make the checks for (1 year Tourist visa + renunciation)

(b) Do I have to make 6 checks (2 each for each of us); 3 checks (1 for each of us) or 1 consolidated check for all 3 of us

(c) Do I need any type of notarization for my kid's visa application or surrender certificate ?

3. My kid does not have a naturalization certificate yet. The website says that a letter from parents describing the circumstances should be attached. Can I get some guidance on what this letter should look like. Is there a template available somewhere ?

4. In my scenario, how many return packs/labels should I give to them. As per the site they ask for 2 per person (1 for passport with visa return and another for surrender certificate return). So, do I need to give them 6 return packs/labels ?

I thank you all in advance.

Best wishes.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X