Issue of Renewal of Expired Passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue of Renewal of Expired Passport

Hello, We are here on H1B/H4B since last 2 years. My 5yr old son's passport expired in Jan'2014 and we didn't notice till couple of weeks ago. His I-94 was also valid up to Jan'2014, in line with Passport expiry. (Note: Me and My wife have valid I-94 till end of this year). We immediately applied for renewal Passport (under 6 months) and we were told by BLS that unless we provide receipt number of visa extension, they will not issue the Passport. My company lawyer says, he cannot apply for visa extension until he gets new passport. My company lawyer suggested to take my son to India as soon as possible. He asked us to get a No Objection letter from Consulate (San Fransisco is nearest one for us) and send him immediately. I tried to contact consulate several times, but couldn't connect due to busy tone.

Can any one suggests how to get the no objection letter? Can we go directly to Consulate and request them to issue?

Thanks a lot in advance for your prompt suggestion.

Regards,
    Anuk

Originally posted by anukrta View Post
    Hello, We are here on H1B/H4B since last 2 years. My 5yr old son's passport expired in Jan'2014 and we didn't notice till couple of weeks ago. His I-94 was also valid up to Jan'2014, in line with Passport expiry. (Note: Me and My wife have valid I-94 till end of this year). We immediately applied for renewal Passport (under 6 months) and we were told by BLS that unless we provide receipt number of visa extension, they will not issue the Passport. My company lawyer says, he cannot apply for visa extension until he gets new passport. My company lawyer suggested to take my son to India as soon as possible. He asked us to get a No Objection letter from Consulate (San Fransisco is nearest one for us) and send him immediately. I tried to contact consulate several times, but couldn't connect due to busy tone.

Can any one suggests how to get the no objection letter? Can we go directly to Consulate and request them to issue?

Thanks a lot in advance for your prompt suggestion.

Regards,
    Anuk
    One should never be too casual and always be up to date with respect to important documents such as passport expiry, I-94 expiry, I797 etc.

As suggested by the lawyer you need to leave US along with your son and return on a new passport and valid visa.

Seeing the gravity of the situation, and also recent changes from BLS to Cox&Kings I suggest you personally visit the Indian consulate and try to get the travel document for your son to be able to travel outside US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      One should never be too casual and always be up to date with respect to important documents such as passport expiry, I-94 expiry, I797 etc.

As suggested by the lawyer you need to leave US along with your son and return on a new passport and valid visa.

Seeing the gravity of the situation, and also recent changes from BLS to Cox&Kings I suggest you personally visit the Indian consulate and try to get the travel document for your son to be able to travel outside US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Hello Raghvi,

Thanks for your advice. I am planning to visit Indian consulate tomorrow. Is there a procedure to get Travel document? Please let me know.

Regards,
      Anuk

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X