Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is our passport - Consulate or BLS or CKGS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is our passport - Consulate or BLS or CKGS?

Friends:

I sent my son's passport to BLS - San Francisco for OCI matching by FedEx on May 14th - BLS sent an email requesting us to send.

I have been trying to reach the consulate, BLS and CKGS (new provider) but unable to reach them.

I am really worried that my son's passport got lost in the transition, we are leaving for India in two weeks and not sure what to do.

Is anyone in the forum with similar situation?

Worried.
    -S

I feel for you. They're all totally incapable of rendering reliable service. I'm not sure how far out you are located, but your best bet at this time is to go to the source. I would travel to BLS, tell them that you're leaving ASAP (don't say weeks or they'll have you leaving empty handed) and that you need your son's passport. If they indicate that it has been sent to the consulate, I would then head there and try to have them fish it out. Your statement that you're leaving ASAP might trigger an alarm response in them to have someone go locate it for you.

Originally posted by yesbkay View Post
    Friends:

I sent my son's passport to BLS - San Francisco for OCI matching by FedEx on May 14th - BLS sent an email requesting us to send.

I have been trying to reach the consulate, BLS and CKGS (new provider) but unable to reach them.

I am really worried that my son's passport got lost in the transition, we are leaving for India in two weeks and not sure what to do.

Worried.
    -S

Comment

CKGS India Application Centre.

Hi,

Please help us with your Passport Number. Kindly mail the same to us at [email protected], so that we can help / assist you at our earliest.

Regards,
      Team CKGS.

Comment

In the same boat

Hi,

I'm in the same boat - sent my passport in on the 13th and it was confirmed received by FedEx. My girlfriend sent a separate package same day, and the received it but then sent it back. Mine is nowhere to be seen. Have had emails back from both providers - BLS says they've handed over everything (but made no specific reference to mine.....) and CKGS says they have not received everything and have no record of mine.

Have you had any luck with other avenues of inquiry? I'm getting very frustrated + quite concerned that my passport is lost.

Cheers.

Originally posted by yesbkay View Post
        Friends:

Worried.
        -S

Comment

CKGS team,

Glad to see you are on the forum. Will you please explain what "Ready for hand over applications" means?

Comment

Originally posted by lostpassport View Post
            Hi,

I'm in the same boat - sent my passport in on the 13th and it was confirmed received by FedEx. My girlfriend sent a separate package same day, and the received it but then sent it back. Mine is nowhere to be seen. Have had emails back from both providers - BLS says they've handed over everything (but made no specific reference to mine.....) and CKGS says they have not received everything and have no record of mine.

Have you had any luck with other avenues of inquiry? I'm getting very frustrated + quite concerned that my passport is lost.

Cheers.
            All:

A quick update - we went to the San Francisco consulate this morning at 9 AM as the doors opened. We gave all the information we had - printed proof of FedEx delivery receipts, copy of the passport etc and explained the situation to the consular officer that we sent the passport to BLS and we didn't know the whereabouts. He took all the documents, asked us to wait, we waited for a couple of hours, he gave our passports back with OCI cards all matched up and ready to go. We are relieved!! Except for a couple who got frustrated when the officer wanted them to go to CKGS, things seem to be calm and moving. Good Luck.

--S

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X