Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIO - CKGS - track my application - 'Web Reference Number' or 'Tracking Id'

Hi,

As you all know, CKGS is the new service provider for PIO applications. I have few questions on the PIO application process.

I downloaded all the relevant application forms from CKGS web site. Here are the forms: PIO application form + CKGS Order Form + Additional Particulars Form.

I prepared my PIO package and its ready to be posted.

I'm going to Fedex store to send my application package as a priority mail. (I've NOT generated airbill / label from Fedex online - i thought visiting Fedex store is sufficient)

1) Is that okay to visit Fedex store to mail my application with out doing anything online like generating airbill / label online?

I've choosen 'return service from CKGS' in the CKGS order form and provided my return address in the CKGS order form. So I'm not including any return envelope ( & return label) in my application package.

2) Is that correct?

Before mailing my application I was trying to understand the procedure to track my application and bumped into this
    ckgs.us is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, ckgs.us has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

The CKGS track your application asks for either 'tracking id' or 'web reference number'.

3) How do I know these numbers?

I apologize for any repetition of these question in earlier threads.

I appreciate any help on this.

Thanks

can anyone guide me on this please? Appreciate your time & inputs.

Comment

Tracking Number.

I believe the tracking number / web reference number is of this format. USASI **** ***. That is generated during the OCI Submission process.

The applications are usually tracked here: passport.gov.in/oci/statusEnqury (not the word is Enqury, not Enquiry). This is not CKGS Website, it is India Passport Office website.

Comment

pio card application for my 3 month old baby!!! confusions and doubts !!!

i have similar doubts. i have applied for a pio card for my new born(now 3 month old) daughter today ,july 1st 2014. i sent them thru fedex. we are travelling on august 28th 2014. i just hope everything gets processed as they say, 3-6 weeks, which is by august 15. hope to get the pio card by august 28 from them in courier.

first i had many doubts while filling the forms they ask u to fill on the ckgs website
        1. on the ckgs order form, after i had checked the box that says, application for FedEx return service, there is another box on the next page that asks for prepaid return envelope along with the sending envelope? i didn't check it, or write anything there, because, if i had already paid 15$ for return service, then i suppose ckgs will take care of sending the pio card and passport back to the shipping address i had provided them.
        2. the additional particulars form, is pretty confusing for us, since we have applied for our child born here in US, not spouse. on the third page, there is a question i'm applying pio card as a? and in the parenthesis it says " check the one that is not applicable" both options are not applicable for my daughter who is only 3 months old.
        3. the parental authorization form... we(both parents) have signed it. it doesn't say anywhere in the rules, to notarize it ( the rules in the "documents required" on ckgs web site, say only to notarize the third page of the main pio card application form.. which we did notarize.
        4. the fotos of our daughter. first of all it was difficult to get her pictures. we got the passport size, (2 inches by 2 inches) which seems bigger for the pio application form which has a size of a stamp, unfortunately, the printouts in cvs pharmacy or any photo machine for that matter will only print 2*2 size passport size pic only, not stamp size, somehow i cut the pic to stamp size and stuck them to the application form, in the box provided. and also included 4 extra 2 by 2 passport size photos in the envelope, just in case.(i didn't cut them to the stamp size)
        5. made all copies of documents, two copies of every document, as they ask on the website. example.. passport copies of the baby, my passport and my wife's. and our visa status etc. for proof of residence, i used my driver's licence , as id and address proof and my wife used her Id , and also a utility bill as proof of residence.
        6. we sent a money order for the total amount, (pio application+icws+ckgs service+ fed ex return service).. 185+3**7**5 = 220$ in one money order receipt. i hope the ckgs, will take the fedex return service fee of 15$ from the total amount and use it for returning. because they didn't mention anywhere to pay the fee separarely.
        7. i never looked at step number 5 in the ckgs website, for that online courier service application thru ckgs and generation of shipping labels etc.. this is pretty confusing. i just filled all my application forms, and the documents enclosed and sent thru fedex to the ckgs application center in new york, i guess i have to keep track of the process, myself, checking whether they received my documents from fedex. and if they have sent them to the indian consulate and if they send the pio card, on time.
        i hope all works out well, and they wont create any additional problems.
        Last edited by praveen5677; 07-01-2014, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Tracking Number

Couple of points
          1 -> I called the CKGS customer care and got the tracking number. this is generated by CKGS, likewise call them. they might not pick up phones at once, but keep trying and it will connect
          2-> if you are mailing by yourself you need to fill "Fill Courier Service Form Online" online. with the mailing company and the tracking number for both sending to CKGS and return
          Last edited by Unblessed.neo; 07-07-2014, 02:25 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X