X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourist Visa Processing Time?

Here is my quick timeline:

- Our flight leaves on June 27
    - On May 19 we submitted our passports and Indian tourist visa applications at a Los Angeles passport/visa agency

This is what the CKGS tracking website tells me:

Your application has been submitted at The Indian Embassy for further processing. 6/17/2014 6:37:28 PM
    Your application is in process. Your tracking id is USAS10344814 6/17/2014 6:35:39 PM

Anyone have any idea how long the Indian Embassy will hold on to our documents until they're released back to CKGS (and then sent back to Los Angeles)??
    Would it serve any purposed to book a flight to San Francisco to go to the embassy directly, and pay extra in hopes of expediting the process?
    Or is there no hope and should we just cancel all our travel arrangements now?

Would like to hear feedback on everyone's experiences during this horrific delay...

Sorry to hear about your situation: my kids PIO is in that state from 9th june and no updates, so i don't expect any better for you. wondering why it took them so long to submit to the embassy (May19->June 17). This is as horrible as it gets. I think you should try to go to consulate, i heard that if its with consulate, you can get the stamp on the same day.

Application Status Date of Status
    Your application has been submitted at The Indian Embassy for further processing. 6/9/2014 11:53:27 AM
    Your Application is submitted to the Embassy 6/9/2014 9:09:57 AM
    Your application is in process. Your tracking id is YYYY 6/8/2014 4:31:50 PM
    Your Appointment is Scheduled 6/8/2014 3:55:15 PM

Originally posted by desireeash View Post
    Here is my quick timeline:

- Our flight leaves on June 27
    - On May 19 we submitted our passports and Indian tourist visa applications at a Los Angeles passport/visa agency

This is what the CKGS tracking website tells me:

Your application has been submitted at The Indian Embassy for further processing. 6/17/2014 6:37:28 PM
    Your application is in process. Your tracking id is USAS10344814 6/17/2014 6:35:39 PM

Anyone have any idea how long the Indian Embassy will hold on to our documents until they're released back to CKGS (and then sent back to Los Angeles)??
    Would it serve any purposed to book a flight to San Francisco to go to the embassy directly, and pay extra in hopes of expediting the process?
    Or is there no hope and should we just cancel all our travel arrangements now?

Would like to hear feedback on everyone's experiences during this horrific delay...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X