OCI Tracker - CKGS (Atlanta location)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tampaite View Post
    After 55 days since the application was sent, the status changed to PROCESSED....

On the Online OCI Services website:

Date Of Acknowledgment : 16-JUL-2014
    Registration Status at Mission : ATLANTA
    Documents Printing Status : PROCESSED on SEP-03-2014

Can you please update your status. Has Atlanta received your OCI documents that were sent from Delhi on 9/5/14?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeGo View Post
      Can you please update your status. Has Atlanta received your OCI documents that were sent from Delhi on 9/5/14?
      Nope. am told it will take 10 business days but I did see someone who received in a week so not sure how quickly documents are sent.

Dr. Shetty email is [email protected]

Comment

Nope. am told it will take 10 business days but I did see someone who received in a week so not sure how quickly documents are sent.

Dr. Shetty email is [email protected]
        I called the embassy in Atlanta as was told that it takes 5 business days. So if that is the case, you should be receiving it tomorrow.

My docs were sent from Delhi on Sept. 9th.

Comment

I called the embassy in Atlanta as was told that it takes 5 business days. So if that is the case, you should be receiving it tomorrow.

My docs were sent from Delhi on Sept. 9th.
          I just checked the status online this morning and Atlanta hasn't received my documents yet. so hopefully early next week.

Comment

I just checked the status online this morning and Atlanta hasn't received my documents yet. so hopefully early next week.
            10 calendar days since OCI docs were dispatched from New Delhi and the Indian Consulate in Atlanta hasn't received them.

It wouldn't take this long if they are using commercial airline to ship documents! unless someone hasn't updated the website in a timely manner.

Comment

10 calendar days since OCI docs were dispatched from New Delhi and the Indian Consulate in Atlanta hasn't received them.

It wouldn't take this long if they are using commercial airline to ship documents! unless someone hasn't updated the website in a timely manner.

I just called the consulate in Atlanta and the lady checked her database and told me my documents have not arrived yet. She said Delhi sends it by regular post (Registered I hope) and it normally takes 5 -6 business days. But with the post she said sometimes it could take longer depending on any delays.

Comment

I just called the consulate in Atlanta and the lady checked her database and told me my documents have not arrived yet. She said Delhi sends it by regular post (Registered I hope) and it normally takes 5 -6 business days. But with the post she said sometimes it could take longer depending on any delays.
                What ? they send documents by regular post! I understand it's cost effective but it slows approvals down not to mention that international mail is sometimes held for inspection by USPS causing further delays...

Isn't anyone thinking at Indian Consulate how to improve the process and reduce the amount of time it takes for approvals?

What was the number you called at the Consulate - maybe I need to call and wake them up!!!
                Last edited by tampaite; 09-16-2014, 08:50 AM.

Comment

What ? they send documents by regular post! I understand it's cost effective but it slows approvals down not to mention that international mail is sometimes held for inspection by USPS causing further delays...

Isn't anyone thinking at Indian Consulate how to improve the process and reduce the amount of time it takes for approvals?

What was the number you called at the Consulate - maybe I need to call and wake them up!!!
                  See the attached link

Telephone404) 963 5902

When you dial and they ask if you know your party's extension, just dial 0 and you will get an operator quickly or they keep you waiting forever.

Comment

See the attached link

Telephone404) 963 5902

When you dial and they ask if you know your party's extension, just dial 0 and you will get an operator quickly or they keep you waiting forever.
                    Tried yesterday and again this morning at 9.30AM EST but no one is answering the phone.

What time did you call? and how long did you hold the phone?

Comment

Tried yesterday and again this morning at 9.30AM EST but no one is answering the phone.

They open at 10.00 am.

I was told to call at 2.30 pm as this is where they are free.

I had called at 1.45 pm yesterday.

Comment

The Indian Consulate in Atlanta called me this morning and told me that my OCI documents had arrived at the consulate last week and to send our US passports to CKGS, Atlanta for OCI match up.

They also sent me an email confirming that our OCI documents were at the consulate and asked me to enclose a copy of their email along with my US passports.

We will be sending our passports today.

You can try and email them to check your status at

[email protected]

They are really good and reply promptly.

Good luck.

Comment

The Indian Consulate in Atlanta called me this morning and told me that my OCI documents had arrived at the consulate last week and to send our US passports to CKGS, Atlanta for OCI match up.

They also sent me an email confirming that our OCI documents were at the consulate and asked me to enclose a copy of their email along with my US passports.

We will be sending our passports today.

You can try and email them to check your status at

[email protected]

They are really good and reply promptly.

Good luck.
                          Thanks.

What does your status show online?

- - - Updated - - -

I just checked online and it shows as being received on 09/17.

I will send them an email as well as I haven't received the email yet.

Should I just send the US passport for match-up or should I wait until I receive the official email ?

Comment

Can you post what the email states?

I would like to take a screenshot of the OCI status and send out US passport as this has been taking months now.

Comment

Thanks.

What does your status show online?

- - - Updated - - -

I just checked online and it shows as being received on 09/17.

I will send them an email as well as I haven't received the email yet.

Should I just send the US passport for match-up or should I wait until I receive the official email ?
                              I just checked my status. It must have changed in the last hour or so.

All the calling and emailing did some good and made them (whoever it is) to update the status.

My status now shows as being received on 09/17 as well.

You can just send a copy of the online status to CKGS with your US passport as this is what I was told by CKGS a few days ago- not to wait for the email.

Comment

Can you post what the email states?

I would like to take a screenshot of the OCI status and send out US passport as this has been taking months now.
                                Please find attached a short description of what I received.

Cc: [email protected]

Please refer to your two OCI applications dated xx.x. 2014. I am happy to inform you that we have already received your OCI card from India recently.

You may now send us your American passport along with prepaid envelope to the Consulate so that we can send your all the documents back to you.

You can also collect it in person from the Consulate, if you are living in Atlanta from Monday to Friday between 10.00 AM to 12.30 PM.

If you are visiting personally to the Consulate for collecting your documents, kindly check the website of the Consulate or CKGS for Gazetted Holidays before coming.

Kindly note if you have applied through CKGS, please send your American passport to them for OCI match up as you must have paid for prepaid envelope, enclosing a copy of this email.

With warm regards,

(Ashok Kumar)
                                Consul(HOC/CONS)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X