OCI Tracker - CKGS (Atlanta location)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeGo View Post
    Please find attached a short description of what I received.

Cc: [email protected]
    Thanks. I haven't received the email yet.

I'll wait for another day and then mail out the US passport with the screenshot showing that OCI was received at the Indian Consulate.

Comment

Originally posted by tampaite View Post
      Thanks. I haven't received the email yet.

I'll wait for another day and then mail out the US passport with the screenshot showing that OCI was received at the Indian Consulate.
      Finally got one of the Indian Consulate staff on the phone and the person advised that they have STOPPED sending emails about passport match which is contrary to what JoeGo experienced...woh!!!

Am told that they did send emails only during the transition period from BLS to CKGS.

He advised to take print out of the online status page and include that along with US passport and mail it to CKGS.

Will send passport and online status page this afternoon via USPS.
      Last edited by tampaite; 09-18-2014, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Finally got one of the Indian Consulate staff on the phone and the person advised that they have STOPPED sending emails about passport match which is contrary to what JoeGo experienced...woh!!!

Am told that they did send emails only during the transition period from BLS to CKGS.

He advised to take print out of the online status page and include that along with US passport and mail it to CKGS.

Will send passport and online status page this afternoon via USPS.
        I guess they sent out an email to me out of courtesy as I had made numerous calls and sent many emails.

Well, I guess we should get our OCI stamped and back soon(as per the CKGS site, it takes 13 days from the time they receive our passports)

We had overpaid for our OCI and renunciation. Not sure when we will get our refund back though. It's been two months now since they said they are looking into the matter.

Comment

Finally got one of the Indian Consulate staff on the phone and the person advised that they have STOPPED sending emails about passport match which is contrary to what JoeGo experienced...woh!!!.
          Tampaite,

What is the exact status on your OCI application as it shows on the passport.gov.in site? Just want to keep that for future reference when the time for sending my passport arrives.

Jake.

Comment

Originally posted by jac2005 View Post
            Tampaite,

What is the exact status on your OCI application as it shows on the passport.gov.in site? Just want to keep that for future reference when the time for sending my passport arrives.

Jake.
            Checkout my timeline below. I keep it updated.

Comment

Checkout my timeline below. I keep it updated.
              So its "Docs Received at Atlanta" on the passport.gov.in site. Cool....I just have to wait for mine to say "Docs Received at San Francisco" in that case. Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by jac2005 View Post
                So its "Docs Received at Atlanta" on the passport.gov.in site. Cool....I just have to wait for mine to say "Docs Received at San Francisco" in that case. Thanks!!
                This my time line.

Day 00: 7/11: OCI pkg sent
                Day 05: 7/16: OCI pkg recvd at CKGS(Atlanta)
                Day 10: 7/21: OCI pkg submitted to Embassy
                Day 12: 7/23: Photo/Signature at Mission
                Day 40: 8/20: Registration Status at Mission
                Day 56: 9/05: Docs Printing Status
                Day 60: 9/09: Dispatched from MOIA
                Day 68: 09/17: Docs received at Atlanta
                Day 69: 09/18: Orig US PP sent to CKGS(Atlanta)
                Day 00: xx/xx: Orig US PP & OCI received

Comment

Originally posted by Rajen9 View Post
                  I have applied for my wife @Atlanta location and I have received nothing but tracking number and since 6th of july it is saying same thing nothing change.
                  We are not the only one I guess.
                  Don't count on the CKGS website being updated. Check your status with the GoI website. If that is stuck, most likely it might be due to some problem with documentation or photo. At that point contact the local Indian consulate.
                  Last edited by Vishnu1; 09-18-2014, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Sent the US passport in 2-day priority mail yesterday.

Should reach CKGS on Saturday and hopefully early next week CKGS will send them to the consulate for match-up and then by end of the week CKGS will return our US passport with OCI...

Will CKGS website update tracking to show US passport was received and the hand-off to Indian consulate etc?
                    Last edited by tampaite; 09-19-2014, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Sent the US passport in 2-day priority mail yesterday.

Should reach CKGS on Saturday and hopefully early next week CKGS will send them to the consulate for match-up and then by end of the week CKGS will return our US passport with OCI...

Will CKGS website update tracking to show US passport was received and the hand-off to Indian consulate etc?
                      This is from the CKGS site under processing times for OCI-Adult

Processing times for each step in the application process:

60 days from the time the application is sent from Indian Application Service Center to the Indian Embassy or Consulate until the time that your physical OCI card is received by the Embassy / Consulate from Delhi, India.
                      Once the OCI card arrives at the Consulate, you will be required to send in your original passport. Once your original passport has been received by the CKGS Application Center, processing will resume
                      3 days for CKGS Application Center to receive and send the US passport to the Consulate for match up.
                      7 days for the Consulate to match up the US passport with the OCI card
                      3 days for CKGS Application Center to ship the US passport and OCI card

Comment

Originally posted by JoeGo View Post
                        3 days for CKGS Application Center to receive and send the US passport to the Consulate for match up.
                        7 days for the Consulate to match up the US passport with the OCI card
                        3 days for CKGS Application Center to ship the US passport and OCI card
                        why does it take 7 days for consulate to match-up? I thought this only should take no more than an hour so the turn-around time shouldn't be more than 1 day.

Looks like there is a lot of improvement that can be done if this process was outsourced.

Comment

CKGS must be closed on Saturdays. USPS is unable to deliver and hopefully they will try to deliver again on Monday...

Business Closed ATLANTA, GA 30328 September 20, 2014 3:19 pm
                          Out for Delivery ATLANTA, GA 30328 September 20, 2014 8:41 am

Comment

US passport was delivered to CKGS(Atlanta).

September 22, 2014 , 12:42 pm Delivered ATLANTA, GA 30328

Comment

US passport was delivered to CKGS(Atlanta).

September 22, 2014 , 12:42 pm Delivered ATLANTA, GA 30328
                              No status update on CKGS website.

Called CKGS and they were clueless when I said I sent US passport - they said I need to wait for a passport match up email which is contrary to what's posted on their website. I asked if receipt of US passport would show up on the tracking page and they didn't know...

Comment

[QUOTE=JoeGo;358461]This my time line.

Day 00: 7/11: OCI pkg sent
                                Day 05: 7/16: OCI pkg recvd at CKGS(Atlanta)
                                Day 10: 7/21: OCI pkg submitted to Embassy
                                Day 12: 7/23: Photo/Signature at Mission
                                Day 40: 8/20: Registration Status at Mission
                                Day 56: 9/05: Docs Printing Status
                                Day 60: 9/09: Dispatched from MOIA
                                Day 68: 09/17: Docs received at Atlanta
                                Day 69: 09/18: Orig US PP sent to CKGS(Atlanta)
                                Day 73: 9/22: Orig US PP at CKGS
                                Day 76: 9/25: Orig US PP received by Atlanta Consulate from CKGS
                                Day 00: xx/xx: Orig US PP & OCI received by CKGS from Indian Consulate
                                Day 00: xx/xx: Orig US PP & OCI received by applicant

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X