Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Received OCI in 53 days !! (SFO processing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received OCI in 53 days !! (SFO processing)

After reading horror stories regarding OCI, I wasn't sure if I should apply for one but I had a trip coming up next month and needed a visa.....so I took the plunge.

First thing up, the application was a pain to fill out and I had done it more than 8-9 times. I kept making mistakes and submitting it online. I was scared my information was screwed up in their database with all retries I was making but the only application that counts is the one that you actually submit.

I made a cover letter (bulletized) for my application, listing out everything I included and submitted it along with a copy of the entire application as requested. I took color copies for the main set and B/W for the duplicate set. I paid for return shipping and did not include a prepaid label instead (one thing less for them to lose). I took photos from Costco. It had rounded corners and I was afraid it was going to be rejected, but it wasn't.

The only scare I got was when I saw in the govt website that the OCI card had reached the SFO consulate and after I had sent my passport to CKGS in SFO following the update: I called up support to ask if they had forwarded my passport to the Consulate after FedEx showed that they had received it and whether they were going to acknowledge receipt of my passport or not. The agent at the other end said " Your application has gone to india and it will take around 40 days to get an update". I told him not to read my status off of the CKGS website as it had not been updated since they initially submitted the application to the consulate back in July. He got flustered and said "oh, in that case there is no new update to your case. If we got your passport it was forwarded to the consulate." I hung up and thought I had come so far, only to lose my passport. But within a week, I got a FedEx dispatch email from CKGS and regular email updates from FedEx.

My Timeline:

CKGS Receipt/Ack Date: 11/JUL/2014
    Govt Ack Date: 15/JUL/2014
    Printed status: 07/AUG/2014
    Dispatched from Delhi: 11/AUG/2014
    Received at SFO Consulate: 19/AUG/2014
    Sent my passport to CKGS SFO: 19/AUG/2014
    Received Passport: 09/SEPT/2014

Originally posted by AnotherWay View Post
    My Timeline:

I think your case is an anomaly.

Am at day 55 and it's still in the PROCESSED stage and I expect this to take another month so anyone applying for OCI should plan for the entire timeline to take atleast 90 days....

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherWay View Post

My Timeline:

Hello, did you get an email from CKGS on the same day as you saw the status change on the GOI website to send your passport for matchup or you just sent it directly without waiting for CKGS to ask for it? Thanks.

Comment

59 days since posted acknowledgement date on passport.gov.in site and have no clue on what is happening.

68 years of independence, but no change in govt. worker or leadership efficiency. Not sure why they do not take out reference to 42 days on passport.gov.in website and instead indicate "you will get it when we get to it" so people will not be frustrated.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by OCIapply View Post
          59 days since posted acknowledgement date on passport.gov.in site and have no clue on what is happening.

68 years of independence, but no change in govt. worker or leadership efficiency. Not sure why they do not take out reference to 42 days on passport.gov.in website and instead indicate "you will get it when we get to it" so people will not be frustrated.

Cheers!
          Once 42 days has past then it's time to make phone calls or send emails or visit in person - if you wait and do nothing then there maybe no movement in your case.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X