Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help in BLS postal application for Name split in passport

Hi,

I am in process of filling BLS application for Name split in Passport in Indian passport.
    Current My name in Passport is

SURNAME : BLANK
    GIVEN NAME : MOHAMMAD AFZAL

I would like to get it changed to
    SURNAME : AFZAL
    GIVEN NAME : MOHAMMAD

I am in Indianapolis and i need to send my application to BLS Chicago center. I have couple of questions in this regard:

1) Does anybody have a sample filled Deed poll sworn affidavit for name split. The document is very confusing to fill.
    2) Is it mandatory to have two witnesses sign the affidavit or just getting it notarized is fine.
    3) I was in india for four months last year and came back to US. So, in nationality verification form, what should be 'Date of leaving India' Is it my last departure date or date of my first departure from India. Similarly what should be Period of stay abroad in both nationality verification form and passport application both.
    4) In my current passport my place of birth is 'KIRKEE - MAHARASHTRA' ( village - state) but the current application form have fields for village & district. So, is it fine if i fill 'KIRKEE' and 'PUNE' for district. Will the difference cause any issue?
    5) I was still an undergraduate when i got my first passport, hence the ECNR is not checked in it. Now, can i check it in new application and just send a photocopy of my degree certificate. does it have to be notarized too?
    6) My company got my ticked booked through a Travel agent. So, in nationality verification form, should i fill Travel agent's name or my company name in field 'Travel agent involved in sending the individual abroad.
    7) In passport application form there is question like 'Did applicant ever possess any other nationality or travel document of any other country? If so please give details'?. I did visit dubai for few hours on a transit visa on my way to India once. Do i need to give its details here.
    8) One last question about the two postal envelops? where can i find airwaybill no for USPS flat rate express packages.

Sorry for the long post and long list of questions. But i urgently need to get guidance and be able to fill my application soon.

Thanks in advance!

1) Does anybody have a sample filled Deed poll sworn affidavit for name split. The document is very confusing to fill.

2) Is it mandatory to have two witnesses sign the affidavit or just getting it notarized is fine.

I got mine signed by notary when I was in India on a vacation. so not sure about this. Yes I had 2 witness for split of my Given name.

3) I was in india for four months last year and came back to US. So, in nationality verification form, what should be 'Date of leaving India' Is it my last departure date or date of my first departure from India. Similarly what should be Period of stay abroad in both nationality verification form and passport application both.

Just give the recent departure date from India and period of stay is the days from your recent arrival in US.

4) In my current passport my place of birth is 'KIRKEE - MAHARASHTRA' ( village - state) but the current application form have fields for village & district. So, is it fine if i fill 'KIRKEE' and 'PUNE' for district. Will the difference cause any issue?

Not Sure about it. I just gave what was in my pervious passport (District & State).

5) I was still an undergraduate when i got my first passport, hence the ECNR is not checked in it. Now, can i check it in new application and just send a photocopy of my degree certificate. does it have to be notarized too?

Not sure about it as I already had ECNR checked.

6) My company got my ticked booked through a Travel agent. So, in nationality verification form, should i fill Travel agent's name or my company name in field 'Travel agent involved in sending the individual abroad.

In my case organization paid for the trip, So I gave as N/A. If your company paid for you Trip then I think you can give the same.

7) In passport application form there is question like 'Did applicant ever possess any other nationality or travel document of any other country? If so please give details'?. I did visit dubai for few hours on a transit visa on my way to India once. Do i need to give its details here.

Not sure though.

8) One last question about the two postal envelops? where can i find airwaybill no for USPS flat rate express packages.

You have to create a login ID for USPS, then generate an Airway Bill. Alternatively go to USPS office, Pay and get the shipping label.

While sending I shipped via USPS with a return UPS envelope inside it beacause USPS needs the exact date of the return shipment which we will not be able to decide.
    Last edited by samlynn; 11-26-2014, 05:31 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X