Reissue of passport in US, question on Marital status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reissue of passport in US, question on Marital status

I was married in India and got divorced in the US recently.
    After the marriage, my spouse name was never added / endorsed on my passport.

I am currently filling up the online passport application form for reissue of my passport and would be sending it to the San Francisco consulate soon.

One of the field (drop down box) is "marital status".

Since I am divorced, do I have note the marital status as "DIVORCEE" or "SINGLE" . please note that my ex-wife's name was never endorsed on my current passport. I have a divorcee decree from the court which I can attach as part of the documentation I need to send out, but just wanted to know if it applies in this situation.

Please let me know.

DIVORCEE would be more appropriate

Originally posted by donB View Post
    I was married in India and got divorced in the US recently.
    After the marriage, my spouse name was never added / endorsed on my passport.

I am currently filling up the online passport application form for reissue of my passport and would be sending it to the San Francisco consulate soon.

One of the field (drop down box) is "marital status".

Since I am divorced, do I have note the marital status as "DIVORCEE" or "SINGLE" . please note that my ex-wife's name was never endorsed on my current passport. I have a divorcee decree from the court which I can attach as part of the documentation I need to send out, but just wanted to know if it applies in this situation.

Please let me know.
    It would be more appropriate to fill it up as DIVORCEE. The only field in passport wrt to spouse is "spouse name". Since there is no change in passport with respect to this field you don't really have submit any documents but it would be a good idea to call up bls and check it out.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X