Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent: Need info for Walk-in VISA application at SFO CKGS office

Hello,

We need to apply for India VISA for our minor son at CKGS in San Francisco, I am bit confused with the process and need to find out:
    1> Can I walk-in for visa application submission? We are traveling to India on 31st Dec and we are applying for VISA as PIO will not come by then. Does this situation qualify for a walk in?
    2> What are the exact VISA fees? He is born in the US and I want 6 monthly visa is it $80 total or $81 total? The chart on the CKGS website is confusing. I am not sure if he needs biometric etc and how much we are expected to pay
    3> I want to pick up the passport in person, do I still need to include return FEDEX service fees? Do they even provide an option to pick the passport in person?
    4> Has anyone done this process recently? How long does it take to obtain a visa?

Can you please help?

Thanks much

Originally posted by toknowmore View Post
    Hello,

We need to apply for India VISA for our minor son at CKGS in San Francisco, I am bit confused with the process and need to find out:
    1> Can I walk-in for visa application submission? We are traveling to India on 31st Dec and we are applying for VISA as PIO will not come by then. Does this situation qualify for a walk in?
    2> What are the exact VISA fees? He is born in the US and I want 6 monthly visa is it $80 total or $81 total? The chart on the CKGS website is confusing. I am not sure if he needs biometric etc and how much we are expected to pay
    3> I want to pick up the passport in person, do I still need to include return FEDEX service fees? Do they even provide an option to pick the passport in person?
    4> Has anyone done this process recently? How long does it take to obtain a visa?

Can you please help?

Thanks much
    I just did the process successfully. Feel free to PM me with any more questions.
    1. you can walk in. plan to get there around 6 / 6:30 am
    2. don't worry about the fees, they will tell you how much when you get there. you can pay with credit card.
    3. you can pick up in person between 4-6 pm every weekday.
    5. it took mine 48 hours

What they don't tell you on the website: you can get a visa in 48 hours - just pay them $100 for expedited fee. My visa was ready in 48 hours for pickup.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X