What Visa is required to apply for OCI in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by travnir View Post
    I am just updating the status here so it will be useful to others. If parents are Indian citizen, India passport is sufficient. Maybe the expired visa along with extension receipt copy can be shown. In my case, my visa was about to expire in 10 days and I did not give any extension receipt to them. While an initial query to CKGS got me a reply that visa will be denied if 3 months validity is not there, I persisted explaining the ridiculousness of the situation. Then they got back after few days saying it is ok to submit. I personally submitted form at CKGS and told at the counter the situation - they did not ask anything, and visa was granted quickly by consulate. They just do not document this situation, but the processing is fine.
    I think its the problem with CKGS representative.. They always insist valid VISA of parents. If Kid is born in US why do they need VISA copy of parents to grant Indian VISA for the kid. Can we leave kid here and go to India just because our L1 visa denied?... Its ridiculous but cant help.

Comment

OCI or Entry Visa or Tourist Visa for Newborn

Hi

My current H-1B is expiring on June 1st which is less than 3 months now. Can I apply for OCI for the baby? I see that in CKGS website it is mentioned that both the parents visa validity should be more than three months. We are planning to return to India since my husband h1-B is maxing out on September 2016. Can we apply for OCI in India with expired H1-B visa? If so, what type of visa should I get for the baby from here - Entry visa or Tourist Visa? Can anyone provide some clarity on this?

Thanks very much.

Comment

Urgent India visa for minor

Hi,

I have already applied US passport for my US born 1 yr old daughter which will come around 10th April and per CKGS (OCI application center) they will take 8-10 weeks for OCI card which means it will come Max 10th june 2016.

I need to go to India on 1st June so looking answers for below questions

Is there any urgent INDIA visa available on arrival or here in USA.

Can I travel with her USA passport to India and show her OCI application confirmation # or something.

What are the other way ?

Also I believe my 6 yr son can travel to INDIA using his PIO card with carrying old/new USA passport ?

Thanks
        Anil

Comment

Originally posted by acsdba View Post
          Hi,

I have already applied US passport for my US born 1 yr old daughter which will come around 10th April and per CKGS (OCI application center) they will take 8-10 weeks for OCI card which means it will come Max 10th june 2016.

I need to go to India on 1st June so looking answers for below questions

Is there any urgent INDIA visa available on arrival or here in USA.

Can I travel with her USA passport to India and show her OCI application confirmation # or something.

What are the other way ?

Also I believe my 6 yr son can travel to INDIA using his PIO card with carrying old/new USA passport ?

Thanks
          Anil
          you will not able to apply OCI in India for your usa born minor unless is permanently resid in India

Comment

Originally posted by araj123 View Post
            Hi vaibhaviit2002, Would like to know if entry visa is required for OCI or is it just the visa validity which gives edge to entry visa over tourist visa. I got a tourist visa for my US born daughter recently and it is 10 year multiple visit visa with max stay of 6 months at a time. She will be leaving in Feb' 16 for India and I am planning to get the OCI there. Let me know if you know the process around this. Thanks.
            Hi araj123, I am planning to apply OCI in India for my minor daughter. Did you apply too, if so were you asked to apostille(notary) the baby's US birth certificate? Please let me know the process. Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X