No announcement yet.

Indian Visa(and/or Indian Residence/Work Permit) that will allow for me to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Visa(and/or Indian Residence/Work Permit) that will allow for me to work

I am a person of Indian origin who recently acquired Canadian Citizenship and Canadian passport.

As per Indian Immigration and Citizenship laws, I had to cancel my Indian Citizenship and Indian passport.

In order to take an Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI), it will take a really long time.

I have to return to India within 2-3 weeks because I am employed in India.

However, since I renounced my Indian Citizenship and Indian passport, I need to ensure that I apply for the appropriate Indian Visa(and/or Indian Residence/Work Permit) that will allow me to work in India.

If I apply for a Indian Multiple Entry Visa ( as a Person of Indian Origin ), am I allowed to work in India?

I really don't have time to wait for an Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) or a Person of Indian Origin (PIO) card because it will take too long to process.

Is it ok if I just return to India with an Indian Multiple Entry Visa ( as a Person of Indian Origin ), and still legally work in India?

Thanks in advance

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X