Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OCI application for minor, New Parental Authorization Form - Notarized?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI application for minor, New Parental Authorization Form - Notarized?

There is now a new and strange Parental Authorization form, authorizing your child (in my case, my six month old) to visit India. Anyway from what I have read, it seems like more bureaucratic stuff that makes no sense. The form here:

says that it needs to be notarized. Does this mean it needs to be signed by both parents and a notary public? This will delay my daughter's application even further!
    I am submitting the application in San Francisco via Cox and Kings.

Thanks, KP

Originally posted by kaashparinda View Post
    There is now a new and strange Parental Authorization form, authorizing your child (in my case, my six month old) to visit India. Anyway from what I have read, it seems like more bureaucratic stuff that makes no sense. The form here:

says that it needs to be notarized. Does this mean it needs to be signed by both parents and a notary public? This will delay my daughter's application even further!
    I am submitting the application in San Francisco via Cox and Kings.

Thanks, KP
    Yes. It does need both parents' signatures and notarization. Part B of the OCI application also needs to be notarized.

Comment

Originally posted by dce3535 View Post
      Yes. It does need both parents' signatures and notarization. Part B of the OCI application also needs to be notarized.
      Part B doesn't specifically say that it needs to be notarized. When I applied for my wife last summer, this was not necessary. This parental authorization seems something brand new.

Comment

Originally posted by kaashparinda View Post
        Part B doesn't specifically say that it needs to be notarized. When I applied for my wife last summer, this was not necessary. This parental authorization seems something brand new.
        If the applicant is a minor, notarization is required for Part B. It is mentioned vaguely somewhere in the checklist, I believe. I called CKGS and confirmed this when I was sending my family application. In fact, one notary would not notarize it as there is nothing mentioned on the form either, and was only willing to give a supporting note. I had to get it done with someone else.
        Last edited by dce3535; 03-30-2015, 10:22 AM. Reason: added more information

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X