Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a minor travel with OCI sticker in old(expired) US passport?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a minor travel with OCI sticker in old(expired) US passport?

Hi

My Minor daughter's US passport that has the OCI visa sticker, expired back in 2012. She got a new US passport that same year.
    Since then we have been traveling to India with both old and new passport and the OCI card with no issues.

But recently I read on CKGS website that a minor with new passport, must have the OCI card re-issued!
    ckgs.us is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, ckgs.us has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

So wondering can she still travel to india with the old and new passports and her OCI card or do we have to get her OCI card re-issued?
    Not sure if any of the visa rules changed recently.

Does anybody have any recent experience with this?
    We are traveling in couple of weeks and don't have time to get her OCI-card re-issued.

Any info greatly appreciated.
    thanks
    Srinivas

Not sure if my response will be useful to you or not - but I have traveled with my minor child's PIO card associated with an expired passport, as recently as 2 years ago, to India. Never have we been stopped anywhere or questioned about the validity of the PIO card or not having a matching pic on PIO card (of a month old infant) VS pic on passport (of a child). Having said that, I can't guarantee that your experience will be the same as mine since rules change all the time and they could give you a hard time about not having a matching passport to the OCI but I doubt that they will bar your child from entering the country. Most likely they will suggest you to apply for a fresh OCI card, if anything, as soon as you return home. Good luck!

Comment

With OCI you would always have to get it re-issued when you get a new passport(which is different from PIO). Nothing has changed recently. People used to travel with the old passport as it was never enforced. You have two options as you can not get the OCI reissued in two weeks:

* Travel as before with the old passport
      * Get a tourist visa

Comment

Dear Applicant,

We request you to send your queries at [email protected] to better assist you.

Please mention the link of this post in your email.

Regards,
        CKGS USA Team.

Originally posted by sridas View Post
        Hi

My Minor daughter's US passport that has the OCI visa sticker, expired back in 2012. She got a new US passport that same year.
        Since then we have been traveling to India with both old and new passport and the OCI card with no issues.

But recently I read on CKGS website that a minor with new passport, must have the OCI card re-issued!
        ckgs.us is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, ckgs.us has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

So wondering can she still travel to india with the old and new passports and her OCI card or do we have to get her OCI card re-issued?
        Not sure if any of the visa rules changed recently.

Does anybody have any recent experience with this?
        We are traveling in couple of weeks and don't have time to get her OCI-card re-issued.

Any info greatly appreciated.
        thanks
        Srinivas

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X