OCI card vs. Entry visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI card vs. Entry visa

I am an Indian citizen currently working on F1-OPT STEM extension.

I am looking to relocate to India at the end of September and am interested in applying for OCI card for my US spouse and child who are both US citizens.

My F1 visa has expired but my status is valid given that I have maintained continuous employment for the duration the OPT period. The OPT STEM extension expires in May 2016.

_____

I am considering the following options:

(A) Apply for OCI card through NY CKGS:

-- I am aware that the processing times have been slow. In particular, what can be done if the application is not processed before travel dates?

-- Does expired F1 visa violate requirements? It is unclear if the form is referring to my visa or spouse's possible visa.

(B) Apply for entry visa and OCI from within India (Bangalore):

-- I am unaware if this is possible -- and how difficult the process of obtaining OCI in this manner would be.

______

I would appreciate it if you could share any advise / expertise on the matter. Thank you.
    Last edited by ACV1; 06-16-2015, 02:09 PM.

Dear Applicant,

Kindly send your queries @ [email protected] to better assist you.

Please mention the link of this post in your email.

Regards,
    CKGS USA Team.

Originally posted by ACV1 View Post
    I am an Indian citizen currently working on F1-OPT STEM extension in Ohio.

I am looking to relocate to India at the end of September and am interested in applying for OCI card for my US spouse and child who are both US citizens.

My F1 visa has expired but my status is valid given that I have maintained continuous employment for the duration the OPT period. The OPT STEM extension expires in May 2016.

_____

I am considering the following options:

(A) Apply for OCI card through NY CKGS:

-- I am aware that the processing times have been slow. In particular, what can be done if the application is not processed before travel dates?

-- Does expired F1 visa violate requirements? It is unclear if the form is referring to my visa or spouse's possible visa.

(B) Apply for entry visa and OCI from within India (Bangalore):

-- I am unaware if this is possible -- and how difficult the process of obtaining OCI in this manner would be.

______

I would appreciate it if you could share any advise / expertise on the matter. Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X