X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-issue of Passport after 10 years - US visa expired but valid I797

Hello Experts,

Need advice and guidance:

I have entered US in 2012 and my H1B visa with my previous employer expired in December 2013. When I moved to my current employer I had my H1B change of employer along with extension filled and my H1B validity was extended till May 2016, meaning I have a valid I797 and I94 until May 2016.
    My passport is expiring in August 2015 and I need to apply for re-issue of passport.

Per BLS website FAQ section, the below is mentioned, Since my jurisdiction is WAS,should I be going in person to consulate and attend an interview ?if yes, how can I get an interview scheduled with Consulate, are the interviews walkin (can I just drop at anytime).
    Or does this scenario not apply to me.
    Did some google search but did not find it much helpful, all that I found was the below link:
    http://www. ******** .com/discussion...status-bls-sfo
    does the answer given to the Question 1 in the above link correct ?

Can someone please guide me on what should I be doing.

7. Notarized Color photocopy of current valid US visa on passport or Green card or Employment Authorization Card or I- 797 approval notice documents.Student visa Status holders must enclose I-20 Document as well. If your visa has expired and/or or you have the receipt notice for extension of your visa then: NYC, SFO & HOU Jurisdiction Applicants - must provide a notarized no status affidavit with photocopy of the valid passport and the green card of two witnesses duly notarized + 7 Copies of Nationality Verification Form (Given in Point 2 above) are required and each copy must have an original photograph affixed on it. WAS/ATL/HOU/CHI Jurisdiction Applicants - must visit the consulate in person for an interview before applying at the passport application center.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X