Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to India - Is OCI Application possible from FRRO - please advise

Hi,
    My wife(H4) and I(H1) are in process to move to India permanently along with our 2YR old son who holds US Passport. His OCI application is submitted from CKGS-SFO (Embassy Status: Under Progress, Acknowledgement Date: 2 Jul 2015). However as we are reading other experiences, we have a strong doubt that it may not arrive in time for us make it on 28 Aug 2015 flight. We intend to keep departure date unchanged so that it affects least on current moving plan - internal company transfer process delay, flight reschedule, apartment lease etc. Can I cancel my son's current OCI application and apply fresh from India instead on his entry visa?

Another option I can think of is to extend my stay by a month and extensive follow up with CKGS, Embassy folks. But again it still does not guarantee timely receipt of currently applied OCI.
    Let us know of your experiences and suggestions. Appreciate the help.

Dear Applicant,

We request you to send the application details and your queries @ [email protected] to better assist you.

Please mention the link of this post in your email.

Regards,
    CKGS USA Team.

Originally posted by MovingIndia View Post
    Hi,
    My wife(H4) and I(H1) are in process to move to India permanently along with our 2YR old son who holds US Passport. His OCI application is submitted from CKGS-SFO (Embassy Status: Under Progress, Acknowledgement Date: 2 Jul 2015). However as we are reading other experiences, we have a strong doubt that it may not arrive in time for us make it on 28 Aug 2015 flight. We intend to keep departure date unchanged so that it affects least on current moving plan - internal company transfer process delay, flight reschedule, apartment lease etc. Can I cancel my son's current OCI application and apply fresh from India instead on his entry visa?

Another option I can think of is to extend my stay by a month and extensive follow up with CKGS, Embassy folks. But again it still does not guarantee timely receipt of currently applied OCI.
    Let us know of your experiences and suggestions. Appreciate the help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X