Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Visa for US new born needed

Hello experts,

My husband is on H1B VISA and I'm on H4 VISA. We both are Indian nationals.
    I'm pregnant and if my expected delivery date is 15 Sept. 2015 (approximately 1 week from now) and VISA is expiring on 30 November 2015.
    It will take 1 month for new born baby to get US passport (approx. mid October) and after getting passport, we will have only 1.5 months of valid US VISA.

Cox & King guys mentioned that "both parents US visa needs to be valid for at least 3 months". In this case what are the options we have to take our baby to India and then apply for OCI? Please help as soon as possible.
    Last edited by MomInUSA2015; 09-07-2015, 12:01 PM.

Hi,

I ( Indian Citizen) am blessed with girl in Sept-15 In US. I am working on H1 Visa which got expired in Sept itself but company applied for extension and I am still waiting.
    As we have travel plans to India in Nov-15 end, which Visa I should apply for minor (OCI will take time)? Entry or Tourist?
    Also, they are asking for legal status of parent., as my extension is already applied , will they accept receipt? If not what are alternatives? What if my extension doesn't get approved or have RFE?
    I have B1 visa as well but I am not here on B1 Visa? Can I use it?

Comment

Hi Amit,
      I think you need to apply for Entry visa. OCI will take at least 3 months after applying as passport needs to be sent to India.
      As per my understanding, they will accept application based on reciept. Reach out to cox & kings and they will help you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X