Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No "U" Visa Stamp in the Passport with new OCI cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No "U" Visa Stamp in the Passport with new OCI cards?

Hi,

I got my OCI card few years ago and I have a "U" Visa stamp in my passport itself, in addition to the OCI card itself. Today I got my son's OCI card but there is no visa stamp at all in the passport. Did they make a mistake like forgetting to put the OCI "U" visa stamp in the passport and only sent the OCI card instead? Or, currently they do not put the Visa stamp in the passport anymore, just the card suffices?

No U Sticker in the Foreign Passport

Originally posted by cmxyz View Post
    Hi,

I got my OCI card few years ago and I have a "U" Visa stamp in my passport itself, in addition to the OCI card itself. Today I got my son's OCI card but there is no visa stamp at all in the passport. Did they make a mistake like forgetting to put the OCI "U" visa stamp in the passport and only sent the OCI card instead? Or, currently they do not put the Visa stamp in the passport anymore, just the card suffices?

Hi, I got my OCI just yesterday, and I did not have the U sticker in my Foreign Passport either, I called up NY CKGS - OCI and they said according to the new update they are not stamping the U-Sticker in the Foreign Passport, but there is an entry of the Foreign Passport Number, Date of Issue and Issuing Country in the OCI Card Details. You have to carry the OCI Card and the Foreign Passport every time you travel to India without fail.

Thanks.
    IND2US

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X