New process of applying for OCI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New process of applying for OCI?

The OCI Services website has to be the worst website in the world. The instructions are so unclear.

I filled up the forms online, uploaded my photo and signature images, and it generated a pre-filled-out printable form for me. I have printed it out and am trying to complete the process now. All the instructions on the site mention that I have to either mail the form and supporting documents, or walk in to the office to submit the application. However, I see options online to upload OCI documents. I am assuming that this means I can submit my application online rather than mailing them in? Can anyone confirm? If that's the case how exactly do I submit the documents online? I only see options to upload current passport and Indian origin proof. How do I upload the signed application itself?

Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

I am going through the same here.

1) I filled out my renunciation forms and paid online and then realized the form never asked for "middle name". Now I have printed forms without middle name, cant go back and edit them, not sure if I can send them in as is. Not sure if making manual corrections is ok either. Any suggestions?
    2) OCI page says payment can be made online, couldn't figure out how to do it. I printed the forms from Govt of India website (did not upload any forms) and paid for shipping online. I am going to mail it in with the rest of the docs and a cashier's check.

Thanks!

Originally posted by champ1979 View Post
    The OCI Services website has to be the worst website in the world. The instructions are so unclear.

I filled up the forms online, uploaded my photo and signature images, and it generated a pre-filled-out printable form for me. I have printed it out and am trying to complete the process now. All the instructions on the site mention that I have to either mail the form and supporting documents, or walk in to the office to submit the application. However, I see options online to upload OCI documents. I am assuming that this means I can submit my application online rather than mailing them in? Can anyone confirm? If that's the case how exactly do I submit the documents online? I only see options to upload current passport and Indian origin proof. How do I upload the signed application itself?

Thanks!

Comment

Help needed for uploading documents online for oci

Hi,
      I am planning to apply OCI card for my baby but when I upload the photo and thumb impression of my baby online site is not accepting due to validation issue. Please assist

Comment

Same situation here. Lets keep this thread alive for the current set of issues we are facing (apparently these are all new changes).

I struggled hard to find out the "Payment/Refund" link at the bottom of the website. That takes you to a page that asks for web reference number and passport number along with date of birth. But when I enter those data, it says "no such nic data found", and does not allow me to make a payment. I kept trying the ckgs phone number, and it says "call could not be completed at this time, please try again later".

Also for the government.in website, it is not clear what forms are required for me to upload.

Please post if anyone has any luck resolving these issues.

Comment

Same situation here. Anyone any luck with making online payment? For me it does not seem to recognize ("no nic data found") for the web ref/pp number.

Comment

For minor's application what are the documents to upload in government.in website? I only uploaded the passport. Also, I remember seeing a pop-up that said something like "it is mandatory to upload documents".

- - - Updated - - -

Just checking, did you send your application already? Also, what do you mean by pay for shipping online, did you figure out how to do that in the ckgs website?

Originally posted by aristotle View Post
            I am going through the same here.

1) I filled out my renunciation forms and paid online and then realized the form never asked for "middle name". Now I have printed forms without middle name, cant go back and edit them, not sure if I can send them in as is. Not sure if making manual corrections is ok either. Any suggestions?
            2) OCI page says payment can be made online, couldn't figure out how to do it. I printed the forms from Govt of India website (did not upload any forms) and paid for shipping online. I am going to mail it in with the rest of the docs and a cashier's check.

Thanks!

Comment

With watever i have been researching, you will be using the gov website only to fill the application, all other documents and forms need to be sent as per the instructions in cox and kings oci application website. the US consulate general of India have outsourced it to Cox and Kings.

Comment

Originally posted by amnn View Post
                Same situation here. Lets keep this thread alive for the current set of issues we are facing (apparently these are all new changes).

I struggled hard to find out the "Payment/Refund" link at the bottom of the website. That takes you to a page that asks for web reference number and passport number along with date of birth. But when I enter those data, it says "no such nic data found", and does not allow me to make a payment. I kept trying the ckgs phone number, and it says "call could not be completed at this time, please try again later".

Also for the government.in website, it is not clear what forms are required for me to upload.

Please post if anyone has any luck resolving these issues.
                Once done, please share with MODI... He needs to know the pain of this effort..

Comment

Originally posted by amnn View Post
                  For minor's application what are the documents to upload in government.in website? I only uploaded the passport. Also, I remember seeing a pop-up that said something like "it is mandatory to upload documents".

- - - Updated - - -

Just checking, did you send your application already? Also, what do you mean by pay for shipping online, did you figure out how to do that in the ckgs website?
                  Dear Applicant,

Kindly send your quiries at [email protected] to assist you better.

Please mention the link of this post in your email.

Regards,
                  CKGS USA Team.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by axanup View Post
                  With watever i have been researching, you will be using the gov website only to fill the application, all other documents and forms need to be sent as per the instructions in cox and kings oci application website. the US consulate general of India have outsourced it to Cox and Kings.
                  Dear Applicant,

Kindly send your quiries at [email protected] to assist you better.

Please mention the link of this post in your email.

Regards,
                  CKGS USA Team.

Comment

Scanning photo/signatue for OCI

Originally posted by Prabhu Pandurangan View Post
                    Hi,
                    I am planning to apply OCI card for my baby but when I upload the photo and thumb impression of my baby online site is not accepting due to validation issue. Please assist
                    Hi Prabhu, Were you or anyone else was able to get the photo/signature upload done. I am still struggling with the signature upload. Can someone please help/guide.

Regards
                    Anurag

Comment

Scanning photo/signatue for OCI

Hi,

Is anyone able to upload photo/signature to the goverment oci website. I have been struggling for many days now. Can anyone please let me know how can we upload the signature.

Regards
                      Anurag

Comment

You have to upload the photo and signature image but you will have to send all other documents including the application by post, in person or at a visa camp.

Comment

Does OCI application get sent to Indian Mission in US or CKGS with this new process

Today I completed part A and B of OCI online application (for minor) and after uploading some of the relevant documents was able to print out the OCI registration form. If I read the application instructions pages, it seem that I have to send the form with supporting documents and fees directly to the Indian Mission and pick up the OCI directly at the Mission.
                          Nowhere it says that I have to submit to CKGS. But CKGS website talks about submitting over there and even their document requirements is more exhaustive. So I suspect that it may be the old way and they have not updated the requirements
                          Any thoughts?
                          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rvdesai View Post
                            Today I completed part A and B of OCI online application (for minor) and after uploading some of the relevant documents was able to print out the OCI registration form. If I read the application instructions pages, it seem that I have to send the form with supporting documents and fees directly to the Indian Mission and pick up the OCI directly at the Mission.
                            Nowhere it says that I have to submit to CKGS. But CKGS website talks about submitting over there and even their document requirements is more exhaustive. So I suspect that it may be the old way and they have not updated the requirements
                            Any thoughts?
                            Thanks
                            Hi ,
                            -Did anyone figure out how to pay online
                            i am getting the same
                            "1.No such nic data found based on below criteria."

Thanks,
                            Santhosh

Comment

Originally posted by champ1979 View Post

Thanks!
                              Please try and upload the documents. IT IS PAINFUL... Only one document allowed per category. And file size to be limited to 500kb. Are they living in the 19th century ? What are they thinking ?

Please if anyone can help and advice whether I need to upload the documents or I am ok with posting all the documents to them directly

Thanks !

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X