Clear All

Originally posted by santhoshdayalan View Post
    Hi ,
    -Did anyone figure out how to pay online
    i am getting the same
    "1.No such nic data found based on below criteria."

Thanks,
    Santhosh
    Hi, I am facing the same problem "1.No such nic data found based on below criteria." Did any one manage to figure out a solution?

Comment

Originally posted by rvdesai View Post
      Today I completed part A and B of OCI online application (for minor) and after uploading some of the relevant documents was able to print out the OCI registration form. If I read the application instructions pages, it seem that I have to send the form with supporting documents and fees directly to the Indian Mission and pick up the OCI directly at the Mission.
      Nowhere it says that I have to submit to CKGS. But CKGS website talks about submitting over there and even their document requirements is more exhaustive. So I suspect that it may be the old way and they have not updated the requirements
      Any thoughts?
      Thanks

every thing has to send and pay to ckgs, consulate is not handling any application for visa,oci and renunciation since 2010

Comment

Originally posted by delchicago1 View Post
        Please try and upload the documents. IT IS PAINFUL... Only one document allowed per category. And file size to be limited to 500kb. Are they living in the 19th century ? What are they thinking ?

Please if anyone can help and advice whether I need to upload the documents or I am ok with posting all the documents to them directly

Thanks !
        How to limit file size to 500kb?.. That means we need to scan with low resolution?

Comment

Originally posted by sunrag1 View Post
          How to limit file size to 500kb?.. That means we need to scan with low resolution?
          scanning with 200 dpi gives you that size.

Comment

Originally posted by rvdesai View Post
            Today I completed part A and B of OCI online application (for minor) and after uploading some of the relevant documents was able to print out the OCI registration form. If I read the application instructions pages, it seem that I have to send the form with supporting documents and fees directly to the Indian Mission and pick up the OCI directly at the Mission.
            Nowhere it says that I have to submit to CKGS. But CKGS website talks about submitting over there and even their document requirements is more exhaustive. So I suspect that it may be the old way and they have not updated the requirements
            Any thoughts?
            Thanks
            whatever printed instructions after the OCI application Do Not follow and Do Not send direct to Consulate. every requirements, payments and return OCI have to throughout CKGS, documents checklist must follow CKGS.

Comment

Very confusing

Originally posted by proonindiandoc View Post
              whatever printed instructions after the OCI application Do Not follow and Do Not send direct to Consulate. every requirements, payments and return OCI have to throughout CKGS, documents checklist must follow CKGS.
              Just replying to this old thread in case people are struggling with these issues. I had dimilar problemswsubmitting for oci in dec 2016... wound up *somehow* uploading some of the proof of indian orgin docs on gov website... but my brother eho already completed oci application successfully a few months ago says he didnt upload any besides signature and photo... just enclosed the docs and sent by mail. I opted for walk in appt thinking it would offer some reassurance that an official has looked over everything before submitting, but apparently you just drop off the docs, they
              Dont check snything for you in person. Only India could devise such a convoluted and downright contradictory process. I found ckgs support to be perfunctory at best, nonsensical at worst. Did not have difficulty paying online, but i did have a lot of difficulty sorting out all the different temporary ids and web ids that they give you st different stages of the process. Enterred several times before open sesame snd it worked! You will need Lord Ganesha or Jesus Christ himself on your dide. Good luck, all!

Comment

Originally posted by Aparna Kumar View Post
                Just replying to this old thread in case people are struggling with these issues. I had dimilar problemswsubmitting for oci in dec 2016... wound up *somehow* uploading some of the proof of indian orgin docs on gov website... but my brother eho already completed oci application successfully a few months ago says he didnt upload any besides signature and photo... just enclosed the docs and sent by mail. I opted for walk in appt thinking it would offer some reassurance that an official has looked over everything before submitting, but apparently you just drop off the docs, they
                Dont check snything for you in person. Only India could devise such a convoluted and downright contradictory process. I found ckgs support to be perfunctory at best, nonsensical at worst. Did not have difficulty paying online, but i did have a lot of difficulty sorting out all the different temporary ids and web ids that they give you st different stages of the process. Enterred several times before open sesame snd it worked! You will need Lord Ganesha or Jesus Christ himself on your dide. Good luck, all!
                Aparna,
                Thank you for sharing your OCI experience. It looks like you may have just applied. What consulate are you applying to? I'm going to apply for my parents very soon at CKGS NY, planning to do a walk-in early Jan to submit the docs in person (I too was in the idea that walk-in means that they would check docs until I saw your post).

Is it possible for you to share your timeline? I'll have a few questions in the next couple of days, would you mind answering those on this thread please?
                Application Center: CKGS NY
                OCI
                Feb 3, 2017 -Application Received & Verification Complete
                Feb 6 -'Under Process' at CKGS
                Feb 7 -In-Transit & Under Process at Consulate
                Feb 8 -Govt of India: Date Of Acknowledgment
                -Documents Printing Status: UNDER-PROCESS

RENUNCIATION
                Feb 3,2017 -Application Received & Verification Complete
                Feb 6 -'Under Process' at CKGS
                Feb 7 -In-Transit & Under Process at Consulate
                Feb 8 -'Reviewed' by Consulate and ‘In Transit’ to CKGS