Indian Consulate Lost my US passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Consulate Lost my US passport

Indian Consulate of New York lost my US passport & other original documents including birth certificate application & certified checks. Can we sue these officials & have them pay for the loss of the people?

If anyone has any thoughts please share with us.

Originally posted by mousan View Post
    Indian Consulate of New York lost my US passport & other original documents including birth certificate application & certified checks. Can we sue these officials & have them pay for the loss of the people?

This losing passports issue is getting scary. Is there a procedure they follow when they get the passport and other documents? I think you should file a police complaint. Passport loss cannot treated lightly especially in this age of terrorism threat. I am sure the police will investigate. This may "spur" the consulate to recover your passports

Comment

Guess what

Comment

They found it & mailed it to us

Comment

good for you

Comment

Indian Embassy is so silly that requesting original documents and physical passport for verification. lucky San Francisco jurisdiction applicants are not required to follow

Comment

You can still sue them for mental agony if you have time...

Comment

I just submitted by OCI application to CKGS; I was told that the original docs and passport has a turn around time of 2 days with NY Embassy; just come to find out that they send my passport to India (but CKGS can't verify this and this is an assumption on their part). Does anyone know if the passport actually goes to India or how long it took for the original docs to be returned?

Comment

Originally posted by cphilip View Post
                  I just submitted by OCI application to CKGS; I was told that the original docs and passport has a turn around time of 2 days with NY Embassy; just come to find out that they send my passport to India (but CKGS can't verify this and this is an assumption on their part). Does anyone know if the passport actually goes to India or how long it took for the original docs to be returned?
                  No they don't send your passport to India. They send it to Indian Consulate here for verification. you should get your original US passport in 2 weeks not 2 days

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X