Family OCI application questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family OCI application questions

I am getting ready to apply for the OCI for our whole family based on my husband's former Indian citizenship. We have three kids. Our oldest was born in India and the younger two here in US. My husband wants to apply with the US born kids and I will apply with my oldest. I am reading the Coxs and Kings site that says "Each individual member even if a part of a Family applying at the same time will have to apply for OCI service individually and separately." I read that I fill out part A and then add a family member so every one has their own part A, and then we do part B as a family?? Can we send off our applications as a family (my husbands group and then my group separately)? Or does everyone need to have their own envelope? I am trying to figure this all out before I start on the application. Can anyone give any help regarding how to do this?

Originally posted by Evie Kumar View Post
    I am getting ready to apply for the OCI for our whole family based on my husband's former Indian citizenship. We have three kids. Our oldest was born in India and the younger two here in US. My husband wants to apply with the US born kids and I will apply with my oldest. I am reading the Coxs and Kings site that says "Each individual member even if a part of a Family applying at the same time will have to apply for OCI service individually and separately." I read that I fill out part A and then add a family member so every one has their own part A, and then we do part B as a family?? Can we send off our applications as a family (my husbands group and then my group separately)? Or does everyone need to have their own envelope? I am trying to figure this all out before I start on the application. Can anyone give any help regarding how to do this?
    Hello Evie,
    this is the process I followed when i applied for OCI for my self and my minor daughter born in India,
    My understanding is that everybody fills Part A and Part B. Every body signs Part A individually even as a minor!!. Part B is to be signed by BOTH parents for minor (Minors DO NOT sign Part B). The only thing about a "family" is that CKGS keeps the applications together.
    Take your time carefully reading the requirement in the CKGS checklist and getting all the documents together.
    Prepare individual applications carefully after making sure you have all the documents together. With each application set, attach an small envelope with all the Originals needed ONLY for that application set. For example, take your application. You create an application set, and then put your original documents like US and Indian Passport(if applicable), Renunciation Certificate(if applicable) in a small but sturdy envelope. On the outside of the envelope, write the Web application number USAxxxx and the full name of the applicant. One of the forum members also suggested to affix a small paper with the US YYYY number on the Original documents also (in case CKGS loses the same). Similarly do the same for all your family. You can put all of this into one big envelope and send it to CKGS via FEdex UPS etc.
    You can buy return shipping, but mind you that you have to get return shipping INVIDUALLY (CKGS will NOT return family documents in one envelope. This is additonal 15 dollar each which you cannot avoid).
    Any other issues post it to this forum. I am sure people will help u out.

Comment

Originally posted by narayanak View Post
      Hello Evie,
      this is the process I followed when i applied for OCI for my self and my minor daughter born in India,
      My understanding is that everybody fills Part A and Part B. Every body signs Part A individually even as a minor!!. Part B is to be signed by BOTH parents for minor (Minors DO NOT sign Part B). The only thing about a "family" is that CKGS keeps the applications together.
      Take your time carefully reading the requirement in the CKGS checklist and getting all the documents together.
      Prepare individual applications carefully after making sure you have all the documents together. With each application set, attach an small envelope with all the Originals needed ONLY for that application set. For example, take your application. You create an application set, and then put your original documents like US and Indian Passport(if applicable), Renunciation Certificate(if applicable) in a small but sturdy envelope. On the outside of the envelope, write the Web application number USAxxxx and the full name of the applicant. One of the forum members also suggested to affix a small paper with the US YYYY number on the Original documents also (in case CKGS loses the same). Similarly do the same for all your family. You can put all of this into one big envelope and send it to CKGS via FEdex UPS etc.
      You can buy return shipping, but mind you that you have to get return shipping INVIDUALLY (CKGS will NOT return family documents in one envelope. This is additonal 15 dollar each which you cannot avoid).
      Any other issues post it to this forum. I am sure people will help u out.
      Thank you for your response. I am lucky in one sense that I am applying in San Fran so I do not need originals so I just let them have whatever copies I send them, but that is a great help with our application. I am sure it will make more sense as I do it, but it is just so confusing. Its bringing back horrible memories of trying to get my husband a visa and green card here. If anyone has any more ideas. I am open.

Comment

base on your information provided, I have to let you know, OCI for foreign spouse based on Indian spouse is waiting forever I would recommend you to keep the pio card, I believe later on they will validate the pio card holders to life long again.

Comment

Originally posted by proonindiandoc View Post
          base on your information provided, I have to let you know, OCI for foreign spouse based on Indian spouse is waiting forever I would recommend you to keep the pio card, I believe later on they will validate the pio card holders to life long again.
          I have never held a PIO card, but I have heard from expats in India now that they are putting extreme pressure to update. Since we have never held the PIO card then we have no choice but to do OCI.

Comment

I have never held a PIO card, but I have heard from expats in India now that they are putting extreme pressure to update. Since we have never held the PIO card then we have no choice but to do OCI.
            just apply entry visa then, your money and time is just fall into blackhole

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X