Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI card from India although applied from US-New YORK CGI

Hi All,

I have applied for my son's OCI card from New York CGI and it was acknowledged on 6/4/16 by the Indian consulate. The status now is 'Under Process'.

In the meantime I have got a job offer to move back to India permanently. If I take a visa for my son and go back to India can I continue with the OCI card process of my son from India itself? I have also spoken to the FRRO in India and was informed that the process is very complicated if done from a different post. I was also asked to contact the Indian Embassy here in NY. Time is passing by and my joining date is fast approaching but I cannot do any planning due to this constraint.

If any one had any such experience in this regard please do share, it will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
    Debo

Originally posted by debo View Post
    Hi All,

I have applied for my son's OCI card from New York CGI and it was acknowledged on 6/4/16 by the Indian consulate. The status now is 'Under Process'.

In the meantime I have got a job offer to move back to India permanently. If I take a visa for my son and go back to India can I continue with the OCI card process of my son from India itself? I have also spoken to the FRRO in India and was informed that the process is very complicated if done from a different post. I was also asked to contact the Indian Embassy here in NY. Time is passing by and my joining date is fast approaching but I cannot do any planning due to this constraint.

If any one had any such experience in this regard please do share, it will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
    Debo
    Even though cards are managed/printed in one center (New Delhi), not sure why they have to have to complicated process when applied from different jurisdiction..

Anyways.. if u have not sent any original documents, ask them to withdraw the process. Apply from India once u settle there..

Comment

Originally posted by sunrag1 View Post
      Even though cards are managed/printed in one center (New Delhi), not sure why they have to have to complicated process when applied from different jurisdiction..

Anyways.. if u have not sent any original documents, ask them to withdraw the process. Apply from India once u settle there..
      Thanks a lot. But that is the last option to withdraw and then re-apply from India.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X