Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI for Minor -- Notarization

Hi,
    I have to apply for new OCI for my 6month Son to the New York center.
    I have some doubts and need guidance before submitting the application :

1) How can I not notarize parents marriage certificate and childs birth certificate. Since the certificate takes entire page, where would the notary stamp/sign ?

2) I have submitted the application online. However, the place of birth i have entered the State (New Jersey) instead of the city (Hackensack City) . Is that OK ? I cannot go back and change it and have already paid the application and courier fees online by credit card.

3) Does part A and part B form both have to be notarized ? there is no place for signature on part A form.

Thanks,
    Shah_K

Originally posted by shah_k View Post
    Hi,
    I have to apply for new OCI for my 6month Son to the New York center.
    I have some doubts and need guidance before submitting the application :

1) How can I not notarize parents marriage certificate and childs birth certificate. Since the certificate takes entire page, where would the notary stamp/sign ?

2) I have submitted the application online. However, the place of birth i have entered the State (New Jersey) instead of the city (Hackensack City) . Is that OK ? I cannot go back and change it and have already paid the application and courier fees online by credit card.

3) Does part A and part B form both have to be notarized ? there is no place for signature on part A form.

Thanks,
    Shah_K
    1) no notary necessary for any other than parental authorization for minor
    2) is very minor, don't worry about it
    3) not at all.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X