Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American citizen wants to marry Indian citizen (unable to edit the previous thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American citizen wants to marry Indian citizen (unable to edit the previous thread)

Hi everyone,

For some reason, I can't see the option to edit my previous post so I am starting a new thread.

My American girlfriend who lives in USA wants to visit India for two reasons:

1. To marry me
    2. To go under her dental surgery

I have been searching on Internet a lot but the information available is overwhelming me but immihelp seems to be a relief. So far, what I have understood is: "She can visit India on a tourist Visa that will cover her both purposes: marriage and surgery."

Immediately, after the marriage is registered I will have to apply for her OCI. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Now few questions:

1. Before coming to Indian for the first time, can she apply for a tourist Visa to visit India by declaring the purpose as 'Marriage with an Indian man in India'?

2. Is she required to show the proof of return air tickets to apply for a tourist Visa? If she wants to marry me in India then booking a return ticket does not make sense as we probably don't know when she shall or will return to USA.

3. In what all areas should I expect an increase in the cost of living in India if my wife has OCI card? For example, will I have to pay more school and college fees for my children even though my children study in India because my wife will be a holder of OCI?

3. And very important question, how exhaustive is marrying US citizen in India is specially the registration process?

Please guide me.

Thank you

The application for a tourist visa does not require any particulars about airline tickets. It only asks for expected date of travel and the port of entry. As for purpose of travel, it's probably not a good idea to be too specific. I would write tourism/visiting friends as purpose for travel.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X