Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport renewal: Notarization letter for Marriage certificate

Friends,

I am looking for a sample for notarization letter to send to CKGS. A little background: I had completed the CKGS form for my passport renewal and chose not to get spouse name endorsed on my passport. However, CKGS said it was mandatory (after multiple phone calls and emails I gave in as they were adamant) and asked me to mail my wife's passport copy and marriage certificate - both notarized.

This is where the problem started as in Virginia notaries are not authorized to notarize birth, marriage and death certificates. So, they asked me to mail a notarization or authorization letter for the marriage certificate. I am not quite sure what purpose that will serve and what should be the contents - they are unable to provide me details so asking here.

Thanks.

Originally posted by rexian View Post
    Friends,

I am looking for a sample for notarization letter to send to CKGS. A little background: I had completed the CKGS form for my passport renewal and chose not to get spouse name endorsed on my passport. However, CKGS said it was mandatory (after multiple phone calls and emails I gave in as they were adamant) and asked me to mail my wife's passport copy and marriage certificate - both notarized.

This is where the problem started as in Virginia notaries are not authorized to notarize birth, marriage and death certificates. So, they asked me to mail a notarization or authorization letter for the marriage certificate. I am not quite sure what purpose that will serve and what should be the contents - they are unable to provide me details so asking here.

Thanks.
    Dear Applicant,

Kindly share your query at [email protected] to better assist you.

Please mention the link of this post and case id: 01771574 in your email.

Regards,
    CKGS USA Team

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X