Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI - Minor (Indian Parents)

Hi all,

I am trying to apply for OCI card for my daughter (5 months old) through CKGS Washington DC. I am on H1B visa and my wife is on H4 visa.

I completed the OCI application in GOI website and downloaded the same. Does the parents signature in the OCI application needs to be notarized? It does not say anything about notarization required. In the CKGS checklist also they did not specify notarization of OCI application.

As per the checklist, I understood I have to notarize the following documents.

1) Parental Authorization Form
    2) Affidavit in Lieu of Originals - With child's thumb impression and both parents signature

3) additional-particular-form - Notarization required ????

Also, they asked for self attestation of all the photo copies of Kid's US passport, Birth certificate, our passports, our marriage certificate, our visa and our present address proofs.

Is my understanding is correct? Can anyone tell me what I need to do...

Regards!!

Originally posted by sreeharikv View Post
    Hi all,

I am trying to apply for OCI card for my daughter (5 months old) through CKGS Washington DC. I am on H1B visa and my wife is on H4 visa.

I completed the OCI application in GOI website and downloaded the same. Does the parents signature in the OCI application needs to be notarized? It does not say anything about notarization required. In the CKGS checklist also they did not specify notarization of OCI application.

As per the checklist, I understood I have to notarize the following documents.

1) Parental Authorization Form
    2) Affidavit in Lieu of Originals - With child's thumb impression and both parents signature

3) additional-particular-form - Notarization required ????

Also, they asked for self attestation of all the photo copies of Kid's US passport, Birth certificate, our passports, our marriage certificate, our visa and our present address proofs.

Is my understanding is correct? Can anyone tell me what I need to do...

Regards!!
    Hi Sreehari,

Below is what we did for our kid's OCI recently.

In Total, 3 pages are to be notarized
    1) Part B of application. Parents to sign Part B in-front of notary
    2) Parental Authorization Form
    3) Affidavit of Lieu of Originals

Please mention the list of documents clearly in the Affidavit of Lieu of Originals

1) Infant's Thumb Impression on Part A (Inside the box below the photo). Right thumb impression for girls and left thumb impression for boys.
    2) Signature of both the parents on Part B. It should be signed in-front of the notary officer. Kids/Minors need not sign Part B
    3) Part B of the application should be notarized.
    4) Parental Authorization Form to be notarized.
    5) Affidavit of Lieu of Originals to be notarized.
    6) Additional Particulars Form need not be notarized
    7) All the photo copies including kid/minor applicant's photo copies are to be self-attested by both the parents.

Comment

Originally posted by pavithara View Post
      Hi Sreehari,

Below is what we did for our kid's OCI recently.

In Total, 3 pages are to be notarized
      1) Part B of application. Parents to sign Part B in-front of notary
      2) Parental Authorization Form
      3) Affidavit of Lieu of Originals

Please mention the list of documents clearly in the Affidavit of Lieu of Originals

1) Infant's Thumb Impression on Part A (Inside the box below the photo). Right thumb impression for girls and left thumb impression for boys.
      2) Signature of both the parents on Part B. It should be signed in-front of the notary officer. Kids/Minors need not sign Part B
      3) Part B of the application should be notarized.
      4) Parental Authorization Form to be notarized.
      5) Affidavit of Lieu of Originals to be notarized.
      6) Additional Particulars Form need not be notarized
      7) All the photo copies including kid/minor applicant's photo copies are to be self-attested by both the parents.
      Thanks for your reply. The part B of the OCI application does not specify anything about notarization explicitly. Also, there is no space for notary signature. So, Does that mean it is required only parents to sign in front of the notary?

Regards,
      Sreehari

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X