Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with reissue of passport

Hello friends,

I need help regarding the problem I am facing with the reissue of my Indian passport. I made a mistake in filling up the form and it has now become a huge mess for me.

I am living and studying in Germany since last 3 years. My old passport expires in September. I completed my studies in March and was unsure if i will be going back to Germany again. I applied for a reissue of my passport in May. I made a mistake and put my current address(in India) as my permanent address in the application form. And since I am living in my permanent address since 10 years, I put that information in the form. My reissued passport arrived at my home after a few days. I thought since I have a new passport, my old passport cannot be used anymore. I came to Germany in June and then after 15 more days(one month and 15 days later), my police verification file was due. The police officer came to my house and did not find me and after discussion, we came to know it was a mistake in the application form and the police verification will not be done. And my new passport will be rendered invalid.

I am now in Germany. What is going to happen now? Do I need to apply for a new application for the reissue of the passport? Can I apply here in Germany?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X