Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renunciation Certificate obtained on now lost US passport

Hi all,

I got my citizenship recently and had applied for Renunciation-surrender of Indian passport. I had entered details of my US passport at the time of application for surrender. Then I received my Renunciation certificate on that passport from the Indian consulate. However, now I lost my US passport and had to re-apply for new US passport. The Renunciation certificate has details of my passport that was lost. I am unable to analyze this situation as to how to change the details of the new US passport on that Renunciation certificate. We would require Renunciation certificate applying for an Indian visa as I have a travel due soon. Should I request the Indian consulate to change the details to the new US passport on that certificate or do I have to apply again for Renunciation and obtain a brand new certificate one more time by paying all that penalty.

Any help much appreciated!! Have to travel soon!!

Thanks

Originally posted by Ntulips View Post
    Hi all,

I got my citizenship recently and had applied for Renunciation-surrender of Indian passport. I had entered details of my US passport at the time of application for surrender. Then I received my Renunciation certificate on that passport from the Indian consulate. However, now I lost my US passport and had to re-apply for new US passport. The Renunciation certificate has details of my passport that was lost. I am unable to analyze this situation as to how to change the details of the new US passport on that Renunciation certificate. We would require Renunciation certificate applying for an Indian visa as I have a travel due soon. Should I request the Indian consulate to change the details to the new US passport on that certificate or do I have to apply again for Renunciation and obtain a brand new certificate one more time by paying all that penalty.

Thanks
    I would suggest call Helpdesk and discuss with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ntulips View Post
      Hi all,

Thanks
      You don't need to do anything. you just keep the granted proof of renunciation, is for your life. no change you need to do

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X