Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online OCI application form -Some problem with the format is detected

Hi,
    I am unable to complete the OCI registration as the photo upload process does not work. Despite following the image format descriptions and rules , the OCI application does not accept images and throws a very generic error 'Some problem with the format is detected' . This makes it extremely difficult to identify the issue.
    My emails to '[email protected]' are ignored and there is no response from the last 2 weeks.

Also , one cant bypass the photo-upload stage to complete the application and hence the whole OCI process is stuck. I am wondering if anybody has recently tried completing the OCI application and if managed to progress with the photo upload.

I have followed the below instructions but no avail.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Applicants applying for OCI-Card, please note-
    1. It is mandatory to upload Applicant's image and Applicant's signature image during OCI-Registration.
    2. Both the images must be in jpeg or jpg format, with max size 200kb.
    3. The height and width of the Applicant Photo must be equal.
    The minimum dimensions are 200 pixels (width) x 200 pixels (height).
    The maximum dimensions are 900 pixels (width) x 900 pixels (height).
    4. The height and width of the Signature Photo must have aspect ratio 1:3
    The minimum dimensions are 200 pixels (width) x 67 pixels (height).
    The maximum dimensions are 900 pixels (width) x 300 pixels (height).
    5. Kindly be ready with both these images before starting the registration process.

Originally posted by dynamicdhiraj View Post
    Hi,
    I am unable to complete the OCI registration as the photo upload process does not work. Despite following the image format descriptions and rules , the OCI application does not accept images and throws a very generic error 'Some problem with the format is detected' . This makes it extremely difficult to identify the issue.
    My emails to '[email protected]' are ignored and there is no response from the last 2 weeks.

Also , one cant bypass the photo-upload stage to complete the application and hence the whole OCI process is stuck. I am wondering if anybody has recently tried completing the OCI application and if managed to progress with the photo upload.

I have followed the below instructions but no avail.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Applicants applying for OCI-Card, please note-
    1. It is mandatory to upload Applicant's image and Applicant's signature image during OCI-Registration.
    2. Both the images must be in jpeg or jpg format, with max size 200kb.
    3. The height and width of the Applicant Photo must be equal.
    The minimum dimensions are 200 pixels (width) x 200 pixels (height).
    The maximum dimensions are 900 pixels (width) x 900 pixels (height).
    4. The height and width of the Signature Photo must have aspect ratio 1:3
    The minimum dimensions are 200 pixels (width) x 67 pixels (height).
    The maximum dimensions are 900 pixels (width) x 300 pixels (height).
    5. Kindly be ready with both these images before starting the registration process.
    Hi, I'm sure I'm too late but hopefully it will help others.

I had the same issue where the dimensions and size were exactly as requested, but I was still getting the generic "Some problem with the format is detected" error.

Here is the Solution:
    Use a decent image editing software to save the JPG file in the simplest JPG format possible.
    i.e. turn off sub-sampling, progressive, optimized huffman etc. When you save the file there should be options to disable these features.
    This may increase the size above 200KB, so reduce the quality to meet the requirement.

Some free software options:
    FastStone Image viewer, Irfanview

Cause:
    The passport.gov.in site seems to be using very basic software that does not allow all types of JPEG files to be processed.

Comment

Signature Photo for Minor OCI

Originally posted by cal_amit View Post
      Hi, I'm sure I'm too late but hopefully it will help others.

I had the same issue where the dimensions and size were exactly as requested, but I was still getting the generic "Some problem with the format is detected" error.

Here is the Solution:
      Use a decent image editing software to save the JPG file in the simplest JPG format possible.
      i.e. turn off sub-sampling, progressive, optimized huffman etc. When you save the file there should be options to disable these features.
      This may increase the size above 200KB, so reduce the quality to meet the requirement.

Some free software options:
      FastStone Image viewer, Irfanview

Cause:
      The passport.gov.in site seems to be using very basic software that does not allow all types of JPEG files to be processed.

My son is 5yrs old, do i have to take his signature ?? And if so should that be done on a photo or just the signature? Is it alright if he just writes his name ??

Comment

Originally posted by biz0786 View Post
        My son is 5yrs old, do i have to take his signature ?? And if so should that be done on a photo or just the signature? Is it alright if he just writes his name ??
        If he can write his name that's fine.. Let him write.

I did the same for my 6yrs old daughter.. She just wrote her first name in all forms..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X