Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new OCI + renunciation on gov or ckgs site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new OCI + renunciation on gov or ckgs site?

Hi everyone

I want to apply for a new OCI and renunciate my Indian passport. When I started the OCI applicatin I went on this site https://passport.gov.in/oci/

Then when I wanted to get the renunciation done, I found the CKGS website which has an option to do OCI with renunciation.

NOW, I have already done the online form submission (no physical documents have been sent) on the gov.in website

My question is can I just make a fresh application at the CKGS site? and forget the earlier gov.in application?

Originally posted by seasonss View Post
    Hi everyone
    My question is can I just make a fresh application at the CKGS site? and forget the earlier gov.in application?
    Yes, you can abandon the gov.in application.

CKGS seems to have transitioned in the last couple of months to processing renunciations before processing OCI, at least for people in certain circumstances (depending on whether they have their most recent Indian passport), so when you use CKGS site, you may be asked to submit Renunciation application first, and wait for receipt of Renunciation, then submit OCI application.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X