Name Mismatch - Renunciation application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name Mismatch - Renunciation application

Before I formally submit my renunciation application, I need help to establish what supporting documents are acceptable.
    For confidentiality and privacy reasons, the names appearing below have been changed to generic names.
    Thanks in advance for your patience in reading my case and offering valuable advice.

Indian Passport Details:
    Surname: Blank
    Given Name(s): John Doe
    My Indian passport re-issued in August 2016 (processed with CKGS in Chicago) has my full name in the row for 'Given Name(s)', and the Surname field is Blank.
    I won't go in to the details of why that occurred except that I can thank the Indian bureaucracy.

US passport details:
    Surname: Doe
    Given Names: John

When I interviewed with the USCIS for citizenship, I explained to them that all supporting documents had my First name as 'John' and last name as 'Doe', except the information in the Indian passport which was incorrectly noted on one row. The interviewing officer accepted my explanation, and processed the application to that effect without a formal application for name change. Thus I do not have any formal documentation (endorsement) to establish name change.

My marriage certificate has my name as "John . Doe", without breaking this in to first and last names. The DOT in the middle is a stand-in for a middle name (which is consistently not specified in any official document).
    Furthermore, there is a list of supporting documents in case someone has had an official name change. Strictly speaking, none of the listed clauses applies in my case and by association none of the listed documents apply.

When a user fills in the renunciation application using the CKGS widget, the user is required to enter the names as they appear in the actual document (Indian passport, and Current foreign passport). And the resulting confirmation page lists that information in a way that makes it appear incorrect.

I saw one other thread on this forum from 2016 with the exact problem. However, there was no resolution for that and the user never updated any information.

Appreciate if anyone can offer any advice or share their experience.

Cheers

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X