Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apply New OCI card - New Born baby in USA for Indian Parents (H1B & H4 visas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apply New OCI card - New Born baby in USA for Indian Parents (H1B & H4 visas)

Hi,

My baby was born on Dec 2017 in USA and got his USA passport in Jan 2018. Now, my baby is having travel plan to go to India in April 1st week 2018 and plan to stay for 6 months and coming back to USA.
    Myself - H1B, Spouse - H4.

Here are my questions.

1. If i apply new OCI card for my new born baby in 1st week of Feb 2018 at CKGS - Chicago (not sure if it's online or @ office), will i get it before April 1st week (planned for India travel)? Also - do you know the normal processing time to receive New OCI card @ Chicago?

2. Not sure exact steps to start with New OCI card application. How do i start in order to apply for new OCI card? If anyone does new OCI application through CKGS very recent, let me know step by step process with any docs if available. What we should do online, what we should do at CKGS office, documents check list, payment info, shipping etc., etc., (start-end steps in detail plz.)

3. If new OCI card gets delayed for any reason before India travel and if my new born baby goes to india using Entry Visa, what will happen to the applied NEW OCI application while the baby is in India? Will it be still in-process? OR do we need to handover Baby's USA passport to CKGS office while applying new OCI card? (In this case, baby cant go to india if his USA passport is produced to CKGS office while applying for new OCI application)?

4. If my baby is in India for 6 months and entered through Entry Visa, and i am in USA (H1B) - if i get notified that his new OCI is ready to pickup, how to go and pickup the new OCI card in USA while my baby is in India? Is this case possible?

5. How long they can keep OCI card in USA office while the baby is in India?

6. If baby goes to India by Entry visa and how long he can stay > than 6 months? like 7 months? 8 months? 9 months?

Your answers are welcome Thanks in advance!!!

Got confused!!!....

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X