Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling to India with OCI and renewed passport

Hi,

I am a British citizen currently studying in the US and I hold an OCI card. I had to renew my British passport before coming to the US as the old passport was due to expire.

I am planning to travel from the US to India at the end of March to visit my grandparents. In the US I only have my new passport (that has no OCI stamp inside it) with me, and the original OCI card. Can I travel with just these two documents?

Thanks in advance!
    Chandana

Get the old passport too

Originally posted by ChandanaS View Post
    Hi,

I am a British citizen currently studying in the US and I hold an OCI card. I had to renew my British passport before coming to the US as the old passport was due to expire.

I am planning to travel from the US to India at the end of March to visit my grandparents. In the US I only have my new passport (that has no OCI stamp inside it) with me, and the original OCI card. Can I travel with just these two documents?

Thanks in advance!
    Chandana
    My suggestion is to have the old passport too. Since you don't have a permanent residence in the US, your OCI will be scrutinized more. They have an option to renew the OCI with the new passport. That might be a good option. You may just need the copy of the old passport from UK (sent to you by PDF).

May be someone with the same exact situation traveled to India can throw some light here.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X