Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between surrender and renunciation

Hi,
    I'm a bit confused about this process of surrender and renunciation.
    I think I need renunciation to get OCI but if I just want to use US passport for travel and don't need OCI can I just surrender the passport?
    What is the cost of each surrender vs renunciation of Indian passport?

Get renunciation certificate

Originally posted by eTexDude View Post
    Hi,
    I'm a bit confused about this process of surrender and renunciation.
    I think I need renunciation to get OCI but if I just want to use US passport for travel and don't need OCI can I just surrender the passport?
    What is the cost of each surrender vs renunciation of Indian passport?
    It is simple. Get the renunciation certificate. As part of the renunciation, you will surrender your Indian passport and get it cancelled and returned back to you. Don't throw both renunciation certificate and cancelled passport away. You will need it in future, if you ever want to get an OCI or an any other Indian consulate service.

For more information click these.
    ckgs.us is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, ckgs.us has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

ckgs.us is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, ckgs.us has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Cost? Is that a concern? It is worth to pay and get it over. I know the cost is high for what the purpose and the service we get. Please write to the consulate, MEA or the minister if you want to help others.

Comment

How do they verify surrender when you apply for OCI?

I naturalized over 20 years ago Can i just use a scanned copy of " cancelled page" from someone else.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X