Travel during OCI Renewal processing for New US Passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel during OCI Renewal processing for New US Passport

Hi, I have applied for OCI renewal due to my passport renewal since it appears to be necessary for passport renewal over 50. My OCI renewal application is currently under processing and I need to travel to India urgently. I have my OCI card with me so can I travel with my OCI card along with old and new passport ? Any advice on how to travel to India when OCI renewal is under processing. I have searched and could not find much information on this topic. Please share any information or experiences. Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by pimand View Post
    Hi, I have applied for OCI renewal due to my passport renewal since it appears to be necessary for passport renewal over 50. My OCI renewal application is currently under processing and I need to travel to India urgently. I have my OCI card with me so can I travel with my OCI card along with old and new passport ? Any advice on how to travel to India when OCI renewal is under processing. I have searched and could not find much information on this topic. Please share any information or experiences. Thanks in advance!
    Refer to https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...992#post452992

Comment

Does an E-Visa cancel my OCI Card?

Hello,

I am in the same boat. I applied to have my OCI transferred to a new passport since I turned 50. I understand that I may not have to do this but am trying to comply. My OCI renewal is still "under process"

If I didn't receive my OCI renewal in time, I was simply going to obtain an e-visa and travel on the visa. Based on another thread referenced in this thread, somebody stated that the OCI would be cancelled if I apply for and am issued an e-visa. Is this correct?

If this is true, I am considering cancelling my OCI renewal application and travelling with my current OCI and old passport which contains my U Visa and take my chances.

I would appreciate clarification on this.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Update from Consulate in Chicago

Just wanted to update anyone that may have the same issue as mine.

I received an email from the Consulate General of India (Chicago). The email stated that I can still travel to India using my current OCI Card, old passport with U-Visa, and my current passport while my OCI renewal application is under process. The renewal process can continue while I am in India and will not affect my OCI renewal application whether I am in USA or not.

I was surprised to get a prompt response and confirmation.

Hopefully, this will help others in the same situation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X