Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor Signature on Part B for OCI in lieu of PIO

Hi,

I had a question related to Part B of the OCI in lieu of PIO form. Do minors have to sign Part B?

Also, I added an unnecessary request for a Change of Address. However, I can't remove it from the checklist. Should I just cross i

The minor doesn't sign Part B of the form. The parents/ guardians have to sign this part.

Originally posted by sandeepn View Post
    Hi,

I had a question related to Part B of the OCI in lieu of PIO form. Do minors have to sign Part B?

Comment

Note, it will be good to get PART B notarized with both parents signatures as well.
      The checklist doesnt say this, however i got an "incomplete application" notification asking to notarize part B for minor applications.

Comment

If the child can write, ask them to write their name

There is a confusion about "attest" and "notary/ized".

Follow the checklist and do what it says. I didn't attest any copy. I signed only the forms where it says you need to sign. I got notarized only the documents listed in the checklist as "Notarized". I got 3 OCIs so far (including one in-lieu of PIO) in normal processing time and no delays or questions from CKGS. So, you can take my word.

For the child, if the child cannot write, get the thumb imprint. If the child can write, please ask your child to write her/his name. Search the forum. Some members posted their answers..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X