Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof of Indian citizenship of grandparents

Hello Everyone,

I am applying for my daughter's (who is 4.5 years old) OCI card. I previously had an Indian passport (now a US citizen). While uploading documents for my daughter, I know I have to upload mine and my wife's Indian passport details. But do I need to upload my daugher's grandparents (my parent's) passport details too? The guideline from CKGS (pasted below) is a bit confusing. Any help is appreciated.

According to the documentation required by CKGS, it says:

If the applicant does NOT HAVE an Indian Passport and is applying for OCI on the basis that his parents? and/or grandparents? were Indian
    Nationals, then the applicant must enclose the following documents:-
    Copy of Proof of both parents? and grandparents' current nationality and previous nationality.
    Applicant?s Birth Certificate (in which their parents? name is mentioned).
    If the applicant is applying as a grandchild of an Indian National, then the applicant must submit
    his/her birth certificate as well as his/her parents? birth certificate. All submitted birth certificates must show the parents? names
    clearly so that it establishes the relationship with the applicants parents? and grandparents?, AND
    (any One of the below documents)
    Copies of first three and last two pages of BOTH parents?/grandparents? Indian passport, OR
    Copy of BOTH parents?/grandparents? domicile certificate issued by the competent authority, OR
    Copy of BOTH parents? OCI cards/ grandparents? OCI cards including information pages on OCI cards.

No

You are applying based on you and your wife's Indian nativity. So, no. I didn't!

Answer the questions about grand parents. But don't have to provide proof. IMO, they are trying to check Pak and Bangla natives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X