Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CKGS - Name Incorrect on Renunciation Certificate - BLANK Surname on India Passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CKGS - Name Incorrect on Renunciation Certificate - BLANK Surname on India Passport

Hello Experts

I recently got my US citizenship. I am preparing the application for the Indian passport renunciation.

I have a challenge with the way my name is mentioned on the renunciation certificate and this has to do with the way my name appears on the India passport.

My India passport has a blank surname:
    Surname: - BLANK -
    Given Name(s): JOHN DOE

Meaning, my India passport has a BLANK surname field. My entire name is on the Given Name field on the India passport.

US passport details:
    Surname: DOE
    Given Names: JOHN

When I fill the renunciation application on the CKGS website, at the place where it asks for India Passport details, I entered my name as it appears on the Indian passport document. And at the place where the CKGS application asks for US passport details, I entered my name as it appears on my US passport.

But when I see the renunciation certificate confirmation page, it shows as follows:

"I, DOE JOHN DOE am of full age and capacity ...".

So, my name is incorrectly shown on certificate of renunciation. The note on the site specifically states "Applicant Name' in this Form must be as per the 'Name' in last held Indian Passport.". Obviously the site does not deal with the cases like mine where passport has a BLANK surname.

Maybe this is an issue faced by everyone with the Surname BLANK on India passport. With the name mentioned as "DOE JOHN DOE" will my renunciation application be rejected? And will it create any issues in the future, even if it gets accepted for now? Please help!! Can anyone suggest what I should do now?

Regards

I had it too

Long ago, I had my passport without a surname. After I learnt about the surname/family name naming convention, I started using it officially in the US and when I applied for passport renewal, I added the given name and surname as I wanted it to be. You may just try entering the correct given name and surname in the new applications. Indian consulate is familiar with these situations. That is my opinion.

Comment

CKGS - Name Incorrect on Renunciation Certificate - BLANK Surname on India Passport

Thank you Liverty48 for your views!

Here is what resolved the issue for me: I called up CKGS on the contact phone provided on their website. They were very helpful. We were asked to go ahead with the next steps on the CKGS site to complete the visa and renunciation application (even though the name on renunciation certificate appeared incorrect). Once the application is complete and payment is made, CKGS allows you an option to go to "My Account" and retrieve the forms and edit them. We were advised by CKGS to enter on India Passport Details section: LNU for the blank Surname. After correction, the Renunciation Certificate now read: ""I, LNU JOHN DOE am of full age and capacity ...".

Hope this is helpful to someone else.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for sharing!! Good luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X