CKGS Passport renewal - Leading zeros in apartment number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CKGS Passport renewal - Leading zeros in apartment number

When trying to renew my passport online on CKGS website, the Applicant Details page warns the address entered there should match with the address proof I give.
    My apartment number (according to lease docs and utility bill) is '0xxxx' while it is generally recognized by most systems as 'xxxx' (no leading zero).
    I have never had issue giving my apartment number without the leading zero anywhere and have received postal mails with both leading zero and no leading zero.

Here is the issue I am facing:
    1. My address proof has leading zero
    2. Therefore I have put a leading zero in the applicant detail
    3. The Shipping through CKGS page asks for address and offers to check if Fedex is servicing my area and the resulting modified, recognized address shows no leading zero.

The Shipping through CKGS specifically warns address should match everywhere and this leading zero is a concern. It says otherwise it will fall under ineligible category and I will be asked to reapply following correct process.

Should I proceed with the application or should I start a new one with no leading zero in the applicant detail (this will ensure the applicant address matches with the shipping address CKGS recognizes but address proof will have a mismatch - due to the leading zero)?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X