Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• working in India as a Doctor on OCI/moving to India

Hi,
    My wife did her MBBS from India and we were thinking about moving back from USA. Both of us are US citizens but were not sure if we would be allowed to work, especially my wife. Also wasn't sure about owning property, investing in stock market or other places, taxes, sending my son to school, are we allowed to ship anything and everything from our current household without duty or are there restrictions etc. Any info on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Amar

/oci-card/

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks..

Thanks for the reply txh1b.. I read that link before but the employment section is still confusing as it says "Professional practice is only allowed as per provision contained in relevant acts..." and then goes on to state "Professional practice" is NOT allowed to whatever I can understand of it..
      Anyone else who can decipher this?

Comment

I agree that it is not clear from the text. However, that is the best explanation we have been provided.

I remember a story of Canadian dentist (indian origin with OCI) who was not allowed to practice in India was there in newspapers a couple of years ago.

Beyond that, anyone that has personally experienced it or found out more details can provide more details. Would be appreciated.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X