Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NRI applying for Damaged Indian Passport while visiting India

Hi,

I came to India for H1B stamping and they said my passport is damaged, and to get a new one.

Now, how to do that using Tatkal? I have been staying in US address for most of past 1 year, and have been in India for only one week.
    What addresses should I write in the application form? If I write I was in US for about 11.5 months, will I have to submit proofs for that? I dont have any such with me right now.
    I do have a permanent address in India, based on father's ration card and my bank account.
    In the Tatkal scheme, I have to get a Verification Certificate - Annexure F.
    What addresses should I mention here?
    Also, I have to give a self affidavit - Annexure I, what addresses should I mention here?
    What other documents I need to give?

Anyone who has gone through this experience of getting new passport while visting India, or who has any knowledge, please reply. I am going crazy unable to understand what to do. The people at the passport office are not helping either in any way.

As you don't have green card yet, you can use the India address.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

I am in the same situation

Did you give your India resedince as your permanent residence and your US address as the address you have been for past 1 year? What police station will this fall under?

Or did you not mention your US address at all?

Comment

Same Problem with me

I also have the same issue of damaged passport. I am on H1B renewal. Please let me know, how did you get the passport?

What address you mentioned? How many days it took to get the passport and visa?

Help/ comments are appreciated.

Thanksk

Comment

Please Share Your Experiences

Please share your experiences.

What you guys did to get the replacement passport.

What are all the attachments are required to apply for the replacement passport.

How long it took for entire process to get the replacement passport.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X