Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost OCI for child - Can I use Indian Tourist Visa - applied and acquired before OCI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost OCI for child - Can I use Indian Tourist Visa - applied and acquired before OCI

Rest of us in family have US passport and OCIs.. but we have lost OCI of our 4 year old child in a carjacking.

I was about to apply eVisa when I discovered that his passport already has a tourist visa (Regular not e-visa) from when we travelled to India right after his birth. So chronologically

March 2015 born
    August 2015 Tourist visa applied (printed on passport valid upto 2025)
    August 2015 travelled with tourist visa
    December 2015 Acquired OCI while in India (Long trip
    January 2016 Travelled out of India with the OCI
    In between - Multiple trips back and forth on that OCI
    May 2019 - Lost OCI while in USA, filed police report, applied for replacement
    June 2019 - need to travel to India

Now since Tourist visa on passport does not say cancelled, I just want to travel with that. Applying for e Tourist Visa is an option but not sure if its of any use and will it even be approved. I am also confused if Immigration officer in India will find the Visa on passport cancelled in System (automatic after acquiring OCI, is there such a thing?), I am sure Airline will let him through.

Please advise !! (urgently) and thanks for reading the long post.

My opinion......Just go with visa. Have copies of the police report and lost OCI if the immigration officer questions. The airline won't question anything as they won't know about OCI history. The immigration officer may ask, but you have alternate document!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X