Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport renewal on hold

Hi everyone,

I applied for the Indian passport last week through the CKGS website. However, my application is on hold. It says that 'the printed format of the Online Passport application is incorrect'. The number of pages would be 4 but my printout has 5 pages. I have tried following the steps mentioned and have also tried using various browsers but the number of pages are still 5. Did anyone face similar issue? What should I do now?
    I also tried contacting CKGS through mail but they are not responding. Help would be really appreciated! Thanks a lot@

Originally posted by kmohit92 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I applied for the Indian passport last week through the CKGS website. However, my application is on hold. It says that 'the printed format of the Online Passport application is incorrect'. The number of pages would be 4 but my printout has 5 pages. I have tried following the steps mentioned and have also tried using various browsers but the number of pages are still 5. Did anyone face similar issue? What should I do now?
    I also tried contacting CKGS through mail but they are not responding. Help would be really appreciated! Thanks a lot@
    In the same boat as you. Applied for my friends passport last week and didn't realize we had printed in landscape. Now we printed again in portrait but it comes out to 5 as opposed to 6/7 in landscape. We tried different browsers as well. What I think happened is passport application has been updated and CKGS never knew about this and didn't bother updating their instructions. So I included a letter when I mailed again in portrait mode yesterday and lets see what they say. If you hear anything lemme know.
    Last edited by Jot18; 07-17-2020, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Hi
      Did anyone receive a reply from CKGS on the above issue?

The application form that I have is also 5 pages in length
      Last edited by GeetKalra; 07-21-2020, 04:18 PM.

Comment

my application is also 5 pages in length!

any guidance on this? The signature is required on Page 4 as per instructions but obviously it is now Page 5 for us.

Comment

Originally posted by GeetKalra View Post
          Hi
          Did anyone receive a reply from CKGS on the above issue?

The application form that I have is also 5 pages in length
          My friend's application was also 5 pages. First it was on hold due to printed in landscape. Now we printed in Portrait and it was 5 pages. The application has been sent to Consulate for processing.
          July 15 - CKGS acknowledged Delivery.
          July 16 - On Hold due to application printed in landscape
          July 22 - CKGS acknowledged portrait application
          July 24 - Submitted to Consulate. Wait time 2-3 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by albert_e View Post
            my application is also 5 pages in length!

any guidance on this? The signature is required on Page 4 as per instructions but obviously it is now Page 5 for us.
            Disregard the instruction and sign where it is on the form. We also included a letter stating its coming out to 5 instead 4.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X