Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistake in PART B of OCI Online application

Hi,

I was applying OCI card for my child and after submitting the application form on Govt website, I realized that I made a mistake on PART B of the application form. For the question where it says "Have you/or any member of your family applied for OCI before?" I mistakenly selected "No" instead of "Yes". Since I am applying this under "OCI Re-issue for New Passport", I should have selected "Yes" as she had OCI card before. I do not have an option to correct this mistake online now sine I already submitted the application. I was trying to reach out to CKGS but their phone lines are not working currently.

I tried to fill a new application on Govt website with correct information, which gave me a new Reference number, but when I try to register that new Reference number on the CKGS site, it's not accepting and throwing this error - "Another application with this passport number already in process, You cannot process two applications with same passport number".

I have no idea what to do now. I sent an email to CKGS explaining my issue but I haven't got a response yet. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Thank you.

That's because you already entered the OCI reference number and passport number on the CKGS website and they are linked.
    You have already taken the right step by emailing them with the original and new reference number from OCI website & reason.
    CKGS has also been impacted by Covid closures and it's taking several weeks to get a response. Just wait and do not fedex them any documents unless they send you a response.
    Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Got into similar situation and after heavy search found this link and it worked https://www.in.ckgs.us/payment/refund-claim
      Due to current covid situation the CKGS folks are taking 2-3 days to respond and they also gave me same link

Comment

There is another option to link the new government web reference number to the CKGS website.

Go to this link --
        and provide the new government reference number, DOB, Passport number, CKGS web reference number. Click Continue.

Now your new government reference number will be linked to the CKGS web reference number
        Last edited by ceci1073; 08-13-2020, 09:57 AM. Reason: Link

Comment

Sir, I also selected for that question of if any family member already registered to transfer to OCi to new passport. I selected NO answer only..though my husband has a OCI Card already..I think they mean did they apply for OCI passport transfer. NO is the right answer as the other family members have not applied for this OCI transfer. My part B miscellaneous disappeared while fill-in. I am not able to continue..do you know how to fill up part B? I have the temporary no. given after filling up Part A also. But, there is no place that accepts this temporary no. to continue to part b and finish.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X