Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor New OCI application in SFO

Hi,

I am applying for a new OCI card for my minor child born in the US and both parents are Indian citizens. I have completed government site form and ckgs. I got document checklist after completing ckgs details. I have some confusion on checklist ...

Question 1 - I am including a copy of minor US born certificate. Do we need to apostle birth certificate? Both parents are indian citizens and born in India. Below point looks like applicable if one of the parent is born outside of India.

point from checklist
    17 Birth Certificate (if born outside India) must reflect following: - Parents' Name - Date of Birth - Nationality If the applicant is applying through parents, and one parent was born outside India, then please provide the Birth Certificate and Passport copy of the parent born outside India. Birth Certificate has to be apostilled. If the BIRTH CERTIFICATE/Documents are in any other language besides English, the document needs to be translated into English and it has to be notarized.

Question 2 - Do we need below form for new OCI card? in check list it is mentioned only for OCI Misc. and OCI in Lieu of PIO Only. Not sure if it required for New OCI.

Duly Notarized Affidavit in Lieu of Originals. (OCI Misc. and OCI in Lieu of PIO Only)

Please help ...

No for both questions.

Comment

cramn Thank you for your response. Currently CSKG phone customer care is closed so I send a query for birth certificate copy. They replied it should be apostilled. It is very confusing.

Comment

UP_India that's strange. I have applied it few weeks back and I just sent the copy of birth certificate. They didn't object to that and now application is under processing with Indian authorities. For my kid also its the same as yours - born here in US and both parents are indian citizens. I have some friends who applied recently and they too sent just the copy of birth certificate.
        I think it should be fine. CKGS has become anything but a pain in these times.

Comment

UP_India also it might depend on where you are i think that is under SF consulate jurisdiction. I am in California so maybe apostille wasn't needed.

Comment

Thanks cramn , One more question. checklist document doesn't have any checkbox. Do we need to circle or tick checklist document items that I am going to send?

Comment

UP_India I am in the process of applying for US born minor at SF as well. Creating a list of documents to send along with the application. Do you already have a list? The Checklist can be confusing since not everything on it is applicable.

Comment

UP_India the checklist document is only for our reference. No need to send it. I usually put stick it note on top of document so that the receiver can easily identify them.

Comment

cramn if I go through checklist same document copy asked multiple times. E.g. in mandatory document us passport copy asked and then in addition document section again us passport copy. Do we need one copy to send or multiple copy as asked in checklist?

Comment

alwayslearning yeah checklist is very confusing. You have to go through each option in checklist and see if that is applicable for you.

Comment

UP_India
                      Not required to duplicate.

For reference here is what I sent along with the application, photos and fee:
                      1) Proof of address: utility bill
                      2) Original US passport
                      3) Copy of first page of US passport
                      4) Indian origin proof:
                      - Copy of parents' Indian passport: first and last pages
                      5) Legal status of parents - copy of i797
                      6) Marriage certificate of parents
                      3) Relationship certificate - Copy of Birth certificate which has both parents' names.
                      7) Parental Authorization form (notarized and signed by both parents)

Comment

cramn thank you

Comment

cramn Hi, do you self attest copy documents. Do both parents needs to do self attest?

Comment

UP_India not required to self-attest.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X