Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New OCI - photos and signature attachment

Hi,
    We are applying for new OCI for my one year old daughter. we have just filled the application, uploaded all required documents and able to download the form.

Few questions
    1. the downloaded form has come up with uploaded photo and signature, and the instructions says i need to affix the photo and put the thumb impression as well. but as the application form already came up both photo and signature, where should we affix photo and signature again?
    2. for Minor applicant, can we leave applicant signature section and just use for minors only section?
    3. i see only one signature space (under minors only) on the form, should both of us ( my wife and myself) sign side by side or only one signature is needed?

any quick help is really appreciated.

hi raju,

1. The 2 photos can be just attached with a clip while sending the application. For thumb impression in the application form page 3 is where it needs to go.
    2. I just made my kid thumb impresion on both places and it was ok.
    3. In the space below in that page both parents have to name and sign. And this needs to be notarized. Generally the notary who has experience in this OCI stuff will know and can guide you.

Comment

Thanks cramn, that is really helpful. I have few more questions below, could you please clarify

1. OCI form page 3 and parental authorization form are the only ones that needs to be notarized?
      2. all copies need to be self attested?
      3. is "Affidavit in Lieu of Originals" needed?
      4. I have uploaded I-797 in case of legal status as stamping is not done yet, do you know if there is any problem with this?
      5. How long it took to get the original passport back from ckgs?

Thanks In advance..

Comment

1. Yes
        2. No need to self attest
        3. Not required
        4. No issue. I am also in same boat. I too sent i797 copy of mine and my wife.
        5. I think in about 7 working days. Maybe depends on where you stay as well. I am near San Francisco area.

Comment

Thank you so much..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X